How best to attach the MFC to a pedal board?

What are the thoughts on the best way to attach the MFC to a pedal board. For example would you use a VELTOP board and tour quality velcro, removing feet from the MFC, or using a hard top board and securing the MFC from the underside, or…??

Any comments or samples would be really welcome as I'm not sure which side to come down on - thanks! 8)

My pedalboard is a hard case type thing with a material lining for velcroing stuff to the board surface. I didn't really expect it to be that great, but three strips of velcro along the back of the MFC and it's a struggle to get the thing off when I want to. Both knees on the board, both hands pulling up on the MFC.

Just took the feet off, three strips of nothing-particularly-special velcro. No crazy Dual Lock or anything.

Industrial velcro will work fine but I prefer Godlyke Power Grip tape. 3m Dual Lock is supposed to be a great velcro alternative as well.

I did strips of velcro about 2-3" apart across the back and it's been stuck on the same pedalboard for years. I store it in an upright position too and have had no problems.

I have regular 2" Velcro on my lfpro, I put a square in each corner, and top and bottom middle, and it takes the will of god to pull it off. You don't need as much as you think (whole strip) or the expensive dual lock.

I use 3 strips of Velcro that run the length of the MFC . . . I use this from Home Depot and it works great:

IMG_1947.jpg

If you didn't know. Velcro.

I use 4 small strips in the corners and that thing doesn't move at all. Just don't overdo it or else you won't get it off with that industrial strength stuff

Wow, it seems Velcro is the new duct tape! After much debate pulled the feet and screwed mine down, very happy with it

Glue...... Gets liquid in the sun...
I have my rig in the back of the truck and it gets real hot in the summer.
Velcro never did it for me.
After a certain time it always gets loose.

I now use 2 straplocks from dunlop to keep my mfc on the board.
It is easy to take the mfc off over and over again.

y7umyhu4.jpg

8u7edybe.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Glue...... Gets liquid in the sun...
I have my rig in the back of the truck and it gets real hot in the summer.
Velcro never did it for me.

I now use 2 straplocks from dunlop to keep my mfc on the board.
It is easy to take the mfc off over and over again.

Chalk up another vote for removing the feet and using Velcro.
Mine is super sturdy on my Diego showman pedalboard.

Yup.. another velcro vote..
Remove the feet and use industrial strength velcro.
2 x 1" wide strips aligned with the holes where the feet go and it's rock solid.

I'm using the black 3M DualLock. They have a transparent low profile one that is industrial strength and a black one that is INDUSTRIAL STRENGTH. I'm serious, my MFC is stuck on that pedalboard forever. Velcro never really worked for me...

Go to NYCcases.com. This guy has awesome cases and is willing to start making boards for the mfc101 and two mission pedals I'm getting the pedal head deluxe it has a tilting feature plus Velcro flooring and mission or floor pedal plates Give it a look you'll be impressed... Plus seizemic audio has awesome racks and speakers

That's interesting! Can you post a close-up photo to show what you've done, exactly? Thanks![/

I sure want to but my board is in the truck at this moment.

Maybe i can draw you something.

[SUP][/SUP]
That's interesting! Can you post a close-up photo to show what you've done, exactly? Thanks!

Mike the guy building it for me Is back logged so the pedal he's custom building for me is in process but as soon as I get it I wil post it for all the axe lovers :). But he took my advice and now is recreatind the pedalhead deluxe to fit the fractal mfc-101.

Back
Top Bottom