How awesome is this tone??

You can download his presets from his website if you want his exact sound. A lot of the meat and potatoes lie with the backing track but you can definietly get a good tone out of tweaking it.

He doesn't have the Mesa but he has his Uber and Engl presets
Presets and Impulses | Ola Englund

All of Ola's clips sound the same to me, tonally. This is not bad... in fact they ALL sound super professional and fully produced, like an excellent studio album. He's a prolific youtube poster... he has stuff done with plugins, amps, and modelers, and all of it sounds like a really good modern metal tone but everything is always dialed in super similar and sounds like it was done in a studio.

Whenever Ola demos a piece of gear it always makes me feel like I don't *need* the piece of gear he's demoing because Ola always sounds that way in all of his other videos, too. In fact, I downloaded two separate patches of his using two different setups and guess what? They sounded almost exactly a like! So he just dials in "his" sound no matter he uses.

Makes it seem like the gear doesn't matter at all compared to the production/performance. And we all know that's bad for gear hos. :( ;)

Last edited:
not a big fan of that type of music, but it does sound good.. and gives me hope on the Monoblock being up there with other poweramps like the VHT 2:90:2/etc..

Im curious how much post-effects he has on there though, as it sounds too good to be just a patch > poweramp > impulse setup.. And most likely tracked multiple times.

not a big fan of that type of music, but it does sound good.. and gives me hope on the Monoblock being up there with other poweramps like the VHT 2:90:2/etc..

Im curious how much post-effects he has on there though, as it sounds too good to be just a patch > poweramp > impulse setup.. And most likely tracked multiple times.

he never does quad tracking, only one left one right. and this video is not an impulse its the mesa 2x12 miced. and post processing is just low pass with some eq here and there. he has a youtube vid on how he records his songs

Just like your clips!
I have posted a total of three clips on this forum, each in the recording section, and each only once. I also refrain from replying to my own threads unless they are already at the top of the stack. Not forum rules AFAIK, just common courtesy IMO.

If you can kindly enlighten me as to where I have multiple-posted a clip on this forum, I will do my best to remove the duplicates.

i loaded his Uberschall preset and using the stock Recto 2 cab and a sm57, through the monitors it sounds almost exactly the same as the tone he's getting for the rhythm guitar. He has an interesting vol/pan block at the beginning of the chain. Loving it so far with a 7 string Hellraiser loaded with D-sonic/liquifire. Very good note definition! Thanks for posting.

Back
Top Bottom