How are you using your CLR?

L

luke

Forever I’ve used the CLR in FF mode, as I was told it produces the flattest response. However, I’ve also found that other users presets are always dark sounding when I download them. I’m beginning to wonder if it’s my use of FF.

Does anyone have frequency response graphs for the three modes in the CLR?

I prefer ff mode, mounted on a speaker tripod. At gigs I have it in wedge mode in front of me, but it's really just there in case my IEMS go down. Funny as I find most peoples presets too bright.

I use my 2 CLRs in ff mode as my studio monitors. I've never really played out with them, but if I did, I would set them up on the floor facing me and use them for monitor mix w/my Axe FX also feeding them,

Forever I’ve used the CLR in FF mode, as I was told it produces the flattest response. However, I’ve also found that other users presets are always dark sounding when I download them. I’m beginning to wonder if it’s my use of FF.

Does anyone have frequency response graphs for the three modes in the CLR?
It depends totally on how they are positioned. The whole idea of the 3 choices are to keep the CLR as flat & consistent as possible no matter what position it's in so if you are using the CLR in an elevated position, FF is the best choice as Jay says. If it is on the floor like a guitar cab or a monitor, this is not the right choice. Since you don't say what position you have the CLR in, there is no way to tell if FF is right for you. BL= on the floor like a guitar cab. Tilt= on the floor like a monitor wedge. FF= off the floor no matter whether it is on a table, on a pole, on another speaker cab, etc.

Here is my studio setup.

Attachments

• 33202A46-EB4B-4AED-AFE0-16A2BF7C4BAD.jpeg
    33202A46-EB4B-4AED-AFE0-16A2BF7C4BAD.jpeg
    919.9 KB · Views: 17
I use the two that I have for stage monitors for our two singers. I have moved on to other stuff to hear just my guitar.

Back
Top Bottom