How are you guys attaching it to your pedalboard?

cragginshred

Fractal Fanatic
I am thinking heavy duty Velcro but the bottom rail does not have a large section where it touches the female Velcro on my board.

Ideas?

I used longer screws on the 4 corners (16mm) and attached ~1.25" piece of plumbers strap between each of the screws and the unit. Then I attached to my pedalboard with larger screws. I used velcro on the FM3, but am just not confident with the larger and heavier FM9.

IMG_0415.jpg

Dual Lock is a great overall choice. It sticks very well to the “feet” on the end caps even though those feet have ridges which give less surface area to stick to. I was a little skeptical but it works great.

A different method I prefer is using little dual lock risers with Dual Lock SJ3550. I put one small strip (about 1.5”) on the bottom of the FMx, one small strip on the board, and make a riser out of two more small strips to go between them.

If you’re using a Temple Audio board (kinda the go-to around here—they’re great for Fractal stuff) you can get some longer screws and some washers. The screw holes in the FMx/FCx line up perfectly with the holes in the Temple boards. That’s the most secure and probably the cleanest way to do it.

Thanks fellas!

For the Dual lock guys will this product do the trick?

Amazon product ASIN B00AQ6IS1G
Yes, that looks right. The strongest Dual Lock has the rippled pattern. It also the longest reach when used with itself so it can fill the gap between the feet better.

It’s not as strong of a grip as mixing two different densities but then you would have a really hard time separating the two strips and would probably have to pull it off the board and FMx and redo everything. Two strips of the Type 250 joins so strongly I used to need to use a big flat-blade screwdriver to pry my volume pedal off my pedalboard.

And, as I said elsewhere, I can lift my Tempe Audio Duo 24 board by the FM9 and shake it and it stays attached. I did the same when I used the FM3+FC6 combo on the same board and it was so strong I could lift using either unit and shake.

See “Mix and Match Densities for the Strength You Need” for more information.

After finding Dual Lock I quit using Velcro for this sort of thing.

Last edited:
On my last couple of pedalboard builds I bought a 2'x3' sheet of Velcro loop fabric. I cut it to fit a piece of 1/4 hardboard I cut to just fit inside my case and then glued the Vecro fabric using a marine grade glue. Now I just need to put pieces of Velcro hook material on each of the pedals and I can move them around on the board as needed. Works really well. I still did secure the FM9 using screws though because I thought it is too heavy for Velcro.

I used Velcro Alfa-Lok (their equivalent to Dual Lock) to secure the board. I placed strips on the side caps between the feet on the end caps and the FM9 is solidly attached to the board.

I just bought a 2x4 piece of plywood, cut it to 1x2, and drilled holes from the backside, with some countersinking to make it flush, then with some longer M3.5 screws, screwed directly into the holes on the bottom of the FM9. Did the same with the Headphone amp that's also mounted on the plywood :)

Super solid.

Last edited:
Re: using Dual Lock

I had my FM9, mounted on a Temple Audio Duo 24, out again last night, and it’s still holding tight. I carry it in the corresponding TA bag and don’t toss it around because that bag isn’t the greatest, but the rig is holding tightly when carried by the bag’s handles. See my previous messages about the particulars.

I used longer screws on the 4 corners (16mm) and attached ~1.25" piece of plumbers strap between each of the screws and the unit. Then I attached to my pedalboard with larger screws. I used velcro on the FM3, but am just not confident with the larger and heavier FM9.
Nice pedalboard... BTW, it seems that in the center-upper area you fixed a receptacle gear for screwing the pole of mic stand. You have fixed on to pedalboard with two + shaped screw,right?... where and in which site may I find it? I need to fix a mic stand on my pedalboard too. Thank you.

Nice pedalboard... BTW, it seems that in the center-upper area you fixed a receptacle gear for screwing the pole of mic stand. You have fixed on to pedalboard with two + shaped screw,right?... where and in which site may I find it? I need to fix a mic stand on my pedalboard too. Thank you.
The main part is a flag pole holder that I found at Lowes Home Improvements that is just attached to the board using screws and bolts. The hole was too large to hold the mic stand so I found some copper plumbing pipe that fit my stand and used a short piece inside.

Back
Top Bottom