How are you guys attaching it to your pedalboard?

I'm a big believer in Dual Lock and used it on my pedal board. It held so tightly I had to use a screwdriver to break pedals from the board.

I was futzing with my FM9 or FM3+FC6 on a Temple Audio Duo 24 board a while back, and now have three swaths of Dual Lock 250 on either end on the board to accommodate the FM3+FM6, or the FM9, with dual layers of Dual Lock between the feet of the bumpers of the units.

Basically that equates to four layers on each end of the unit, one long enough to fit between the feet of the bumper to the pedalboard, another layer, equally long, mated to it mushroom to mushroom, another layer, again equally long, stuck to the back of it adhesive to adhesive, then another layer the same length mated to it mushroom to mushroom and its back adhesive stuck to the bumper on the unit. So there's four strips of equal length with the two middle layers stuck adhesive to adhesive. That "dual layer" approach has been working for a couple months now.

Last edited:
I recycled the method I used for my AX8.

I have one of these pedal cases with a large detachable lid and a bottom tray that's covered with Velcro. I didn't want to mess with removing the FM9's rubber feet or anything like that. I bought a relatively thin (1/4") inexpensive sheet of MDF and cut two "platforms" and put Velcro on both sides. one side to attach to my pedal case, the other side to attach to my AX8 - and later my FM9. This has worked fine for me in both applications. It requires a plastic paint scraper and loads of elbow grease to remove. I've never had any problems with it holding to be sure. The platforms give the FM9 a little added height which is useful with my particular case (the edges are roughly 1&1/4" tall), and offer a moderate bit of shock absorption (not that I've ever dropped this case for any reason).

The 1st pic shows the Velcro on the bottom of my AX8. I did a similar treatment to the bottom of my FM9. 2nd pic shows how I ended up positioning the platforms to the bottom of my FM9 to accommodate for the fan opening on the bottom. 3rd pic shows the plastic paint scraper I use when I need to separate things that are secured with several large strips of Velcro. I can't remember why I made the cut into the scraper the way I did, but there was some method to the madness at the time. Last pic is the end result. I gigged my FM9 for the first time this past Friday. Everything worked (and sounded) great.

Attachments

• Photo Jan 15, 5 09 41 PM.jpg
    Photo Jan 15, 5 09 41 PM.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 34
  • Photo Jan 15, 4 17 55 PM.jpg
    Photo Jan 15, 4 17 55 PM.jpg
    5.8 MB · Views: 31
  • Photo Jan 23, 11 09 47 AM.jpg
    Photo Jan 23, 11 09 47 AM.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 34
  • Photo Jan 23, 11 10 12 AM.jpg
    Photo Jan 23, 11 10 12 AM.jpg