How are the cabs organized?

I’m an IR addict, and am thrilled by the inclusion of 2200 factory cabs, but I was wondering if a beta tester or Fractal employee could chime in on how the cabs are organized in the III. Thanks!

There are two banks of 1024 factory cabs plus a bank of "legacy" cabs from the Axe-Fx II XL. In the factory banks the cabs are in order by number of speakers and size (i.e. 1x10, 1x12, 2x10, etc.). You can filter by number and size using the "IR Picker" pop-up.

There are two additional banks of 1024 user cabs.

There are two banks of 1024 factory cabs plus a bank of "legacy" cabs from the Axe-Fx II XL. In the factory banks the cabs are in order by number of speakers and size (i.e. 1x10, 1x12, 2x10, etc.). You can filter by number and size using the "IR Picker" pop-up.

Awesome, thanks Cliff!!

This will be one of the great features of this new platform depending on the IRs selected.
I wonder what the goodie package will include!

Is there a system of "favorites"?

Last edited:
I just noticed this on the product page-

"The redesigned Cabinet block features a 4-channel mixer based on our popular Cab-Lab™ software, providing the capability to mix and remix IRs on-the-fly as you would with real mics on a speaker cabinet."

Does this mean we will be able to save a mix as a user cab on the device without using Cab-Lab?

Of course I have no way of actually knowing this, but I doubt that it'll work that way. But you do have a couple of options if that's the case.

You could save that cab block with all of its settings in the "Block Library", name it, and recall it anytime you wish.

Or, put a tone match block after the cab, and tone match it. Then save that as a separate, User IR. (It will be mono of course)

Will the Cabs in II work in III? So, will the normal res and ultra-res cabs library amassed thus far, function as usual in the III ?

Will there be another level of awesomeness and digital size for III cabs, that will illicit a new generation of cab releases?

Will the Cabs in II work in III? So, will the normal res and ultra-res cabs library amassed thus far, function as usual in the III ?

Will there be another level of awesomeness and digital size for III cabs, that will illicit a new generation of cab releases?
From what I have read, all the current factory cabs from the II are included as "Legacy IRs". There is no new format...

Back
Top Bottom