How are some of you recording direct from Axe-Fx II XL into an interface?

I am currently going from my output 2 jacks into a Tascam interface, but on high gain sounds, I am still getting that farty digital distortion sound. I am using Studio One for my DAW, but I had the same problem using a Digidesign interface and Pro Tools and also Reaper. Please let me know how some of you are making your interface connections for high gain recording. I have cabinet sims on and preamp sim on.
Thanks for any assistance.

I record the axe fx with usb straight to the daw.
That presents a problem for me. Presinus Studio One currently only configures one interface device under Windows which means that if I output from my Tascam interface into my studio monitors, I must also input through the Tascam. I have in the past gone through USB direct in Reaper, but still encountered the flubby sounding digital distortion. BTW, I do not encounter that problem from my poweramp-speakers output.

Yes, there are some settings to check. On the Audio page of the I/O menu set USB/DIGI OUT SOURCE to OUTPUT1. Make sure the Axe-Fx is the master clock and the Tascam is set as slave.
See the manual, pages 20 and 148.
You’ll have to figure out what input number(s) your Tascam S/PDIF input maps to in your DAW.

Get a driver from CENtrance and you can use the AXE's USB and your PreSonus at the same time. My caveat being that I haven't checked into this for quite some time. Do a little investigating.

I've always used the 1/4 inch outputs to go straight into my Focusrite Saffire Pro 24. I bypass the cab block so I can run CabLab in Reaper and change cab tones after the fact. I run Reaper at 44.1k so that's why I'm not using SPID/IF, although I'm sure there's probably an easier way and 44.1 may not even be useful in 2019 where everything is just put on YouTube anyway these days but that's another conversation entirely.

Back
Top Bottom