How are People racking their FXII's?

Hugomack

Experienced
With the Matrix GT800FX power amp, there's the chance of getting everything into a 3u SKB weighing just over 8kg (plus the SKB). I'm not using an EQ unit as the FXII can easily do that globally for the foldback output, and Yek had problems using a power conditioner, so I can't the point of using one of those....? This makes it possible to carry the MFC 101 in a padded bag like a laptop and take it all onto planes...

Are people doing this - or do people favour using a 6u rack with the MFC padded into the bottom section all weighing just over 20kg? (It's very exciting....)

3-space rack (Axe-II and G90 wireless) plus MFC in pedalboard case.
I go direct to FOH and Atomic on stage, so no amp racked.

3u SKB. Axe II and a Furman P-1800 AR Power Conditioner. We had 130+ volts in the orchestra pit last week.

Last edited:
4 unit Gator Rack bag with wheels here: Power Conditioner (1u), AxeII, and a spare space.

But:
- the AxII only just fits in, so I have to unplug everything from the back of it to do the bag up
- with the wheels, the bag is a tad to big for most airline carry on limits. Specifically, with the wheels, it won't fit into the test space things they have a check in, and it won't fit lengthwise into overhead on smaller planes. Sometimes I get away with it, other times, I have to check in the wheels/trolley part and carry the rest (not happy when that happens!).

So I'm thinking of downsizing - probably to a 2unit case or rack bag.

The other idea I has was to get an actual carry on bag, and fit some foam in that for the Axe and the MFC if it fits......

10 space ATA rack.

-2 Space Drawer
-1 Space Furman
-1 Space Line6 G90
-2 Space VHT 2/50/2
-2 Space AxeFX II (whenever it arrives)
-2 1 Space Metal Vents (I leave 1 space above and below the Fractal to prevent heat issues)

I use a 4u rolling rack (SKB). I like the wheels as it is easy to move. I have a power conditioner in the bottom space, FX in the middle and Line 6 G-90 wireless (on top). I run output 1 to FOH and output 2 to a Line 6 flextone XLII. I run the FX output 2 into the effects return of the Flextone. I just use it for a stage monitor. I use a similar set up for my acoustic rack, but that is off topic.

On the gig:

Front:

IMAG0353.jpg

Back:

IMAG0354.jpg

Back
Top Bottom