How about this for a change....

MicFarlow

Experienced
Vendor
Hi All,

Here is what I refer to as a Skinny Slant! It's a take off on a 1960A but narrower for a 1x12 compartment up top and a 1x10 compartment on bottom.

The two compartments are completely separate and the bottom is designed for bass guitar only.

Of course, the artwork was designed by the owner of the cab and I personally think it looks awesome!

4C825D3C-36D1-43DE-A075-2B64B2E67078_zps2sqjdiur.jpg

BCB30EAF-1A20-4043-AA63-46FA75D3EACB_zpsst2tvasp.jpg

2A27E2CC-286A-485D-85B9-8A7AE44661CF_zpscb78ywwq.jpg

Thanks all!

Mick

This is my cab and it arrived today at noon central time. Mick shipped it on Tuesday! I have played it for about 30 minutes and I am thoroughly pleased as initial reaction. It sounds great. I have 2 gigs coming up in the next week, so I will write a more in depth review after that.

The cab is completely custom for me and I have to say that Mick was an absolute pleasure to work with. He was great at communicating and the time he spent figuring out what I wanted is the epitome of customer service. our initial email exchange was a total of 17 emails...and that was before I paid or even committed to anything.

I play in a few bands, and this cab will cover all of my needs. For my main thing, I play baritone and split the signal via a Radial ABY box. 1 signal goes to a EHX Pitchfork for de-tuning an octave down and then to a TC BH250 bass head and then to the lower passive "bass" speaker. The other signal goes to my Axe FX II XL and then to the Matrix and upper "guitar" speaker. When i just play guitar, I can just use the top part and it's cool because it is up off the ground and angled up. there are also switch on the back to pad the tweeter and/or bypass the tweeter & crossover altogether. super flexible for whatever I need it for. It replaces my Mission Gemini 1 and a 2x10 bass cab. Smaller footprint, 1 piece of gear, fab tonez.

Mick is awesome and I can 100% recommend XiTone Home | XiTone Cabs

Here is the size relative the my baritone and the Axe case:

This is my cab and it arrived today at noon central time. Mick shipped it on Tuesday! I have played it for about 30 minutes and I am thoroughly pleased as initial reaction. It sounds great. I have 2 gigs coming up in the next week, so I will write a more in depth review after that.

The cab is completely custom for me and I have to say that Mick was an absolute pleasure to work with. He was great at communicating and the time he spent figuring out what I wanted is the epitome of customer service. our initial email exchange was a total of 17 emails...and that was before I paid or even committed to anything.

I play in a few bands, and this cab will cover all of my needs. For my main thing, I play baritone and split the signal via a Radial ABY box. 1 signal goes to a EHX Pitchfork for de-tuning an octave down and then to a TC BH250 bass head and then to the lower passive "bass" speaker. The other signal goes to my Axe FX II XL and then to the Matrix and upper "guitar" speaker. When i just play guitar, I can just use the top part and it's cool because it is up off the ground and angled up. there are also switch on the back to pad the tweeter and/or bypass the tweeter & crossover altogether. super flexible for whatever I need it for. It replaces my Mission Gemini 1 and a 2x10 bass cab. Smaller footprint, 1 piece of gear, fab tonez.

Looks great! How long was the wait?

Looks great! How long was the wait?

It took 8 weeks from the time that I paid to the time that it was actually delivered and in my house. Mick was proactive throughout the time letting me know where he was in the process, sending pics, etc... Well worth every penny. :)

It's about time I start thinking about a custom Xitone build... super impressed with all these custom cabs I'm seeing!

Well, it has now been about a month since I received my custom XiTone cab so I thought that I would write up a bit more detailed explanation/review. As I wrote above, my band is a hybrid kind of thing with samples and importantly, I split my (baritone) signal to play both guitar and bass tones at the same time. This cab was specifically designed to do that.

It took about 8 weeks for Mick to build it from the moment I paid. He took my ideas and completely designed and built it. The build quality is absolutely amazing. It is rock solid, has castors for easy moving and looks great as you can tell from the pics above. I always get comments and questions when I roll into a club.

I have now played a total of 5 shows with the cab, including 3 on a short tour where the cab was loaded in and out of a van. In 2 of the shows, my Axe FX was sent to FoH via output 1 and the cab was only for onstage/monitoring volume. In 3 of the shows, the cab provided all guitar and bass sounds, no FoH. Plenty loud enough with a great mix and clarity between the guitar and bass compartments. I typically used about 3 o'clock on the Matrix, 1 o'clock on the Axe FX and 11 o'clock on the TC BH250 bass head. I was using the Cameron CCV 2B for these shows and using scene controllers to dial up and down the input trim for varying degrees of gain.

In short, the cab performed flawlessly. No problems at all. When I received it, I tweaked my patches at gig volume so I was confident that the sounds would hold up. I previously was using a Mission Gemini. By comparison, the XiTone is more mid-rangey with tighter bass than the Gemini which I think has a more hi-fi top end; just a touch of fizziness. To my ears, the XiTone, while definitely FRFR, plays/sounds more like a traditional cab, even with my not normal set-up. Bottom line here is that my XiTone was built specifically for my needs; the build quality is fantastic, it looks fab and it sounds killer....When I am playing just the guitar compartment and then switch on the bass, it sounds like glory.

Is it the double sided tape that holds the picks on your guitar? I was always looking for something like this.

Back
Top Bottom