How about that metronome!

I doubt i'm the only one who really appreciates this feature. Very useful and a welcome addition!

Thanks FRACTAL!

Insane... I am so freaked out by everything this machine does. If you hadn't mentioned that I never would have seen it! I normally use the #2 out at home (1 goes to the house live) so I didn't hear it at first. That is killer.

I love the magic 8ball spinning wheel in the tuner.

"
What goes up must come downspinning wheel got to go round
Talking about your troubles it's a crying sin
Ride a painted pony
Let the spinning wheel spin"

...unless you are tuning.. then you try to make the spinning wheel stop! :D

Ok. I have to admit I'm blind :)
Where is it?

Just further clarification... the metronome is in the Tempo "page" which you can get to by pressing the TEMPO button on the front of the AXEFXII. The metronome parameter is actually a switch (although shown as a knob with on/off values). Metro level controls the volume.

Note that Axe-Edit has the switch, level, and output but I don't think these are working yet...

I love the magic 8ball spinning wheel in the tuner.

Man, I've just never gotten on with the tuner in the Axe. Especially trying to use the MFC's display. Enough so that I run 9V power to my board just so I can keep a TC PolyTune2 on there. Frequently with my PRS I don't need to tune between songs, so it really is "strum, (don't) tune, rock." I've noticed I can verify my entire guitar is in tune before my band-mate is past one or two strings, and if I do have a string that's out I can go right to it.

(I was paid $10,000 to make this statement. Har-har.)

Wait, but we were talking about the metronome in the Axe, not my fanboi love of the TC PolyTune.
Q: is the ability to turn on/off the metronome with a midi CC new? It seems like I was looking for that a few firmware revs back and it wasn't possible. Or I was looking in the wrong place.

Is there a way to output the metronome only to the headphones and not the other outputs, so you could use it live?
This is a great idea! I'd channel it to the drummer, but it sure would be a great way to add a basic click without any extra gear!

Is there a way to output the metronome only to the headphones and not the other outputs, so you could use it live?

This is a great idea! I'd channel it to the drummer, but it sure would be a great way to add a basic click without any extra gear!

The metronome plays through Output 1 only, see here in the notes from the wiki Tempo - Axe-Fx II Wiki.

So if you wanted to use it you could route your FOH sound through Output 2, and have Output 1 for your own monitors.

Back
Top Bottom