Wish how about some bass amps?

I've played a few Hartke bass amps and really liked them. I currently gig with a KB15 that is fantastic. No squish, awesome tone and attack.

My only gripe with the Hartke "tone stack" is that the sweepable SHAPE notch is -20dB which for my tastes is too severe, so I never use it. I'd use it if it was maybe half that (-8, -10, or -12). Perhaps the Fractal model could have some choices.

I may try to capture an IR of that 15". It's pretty lovely.

I play through an Ampeg fairly regularly and the dynamics are too squishy for my tastes. Radio friendly, but I like the punch and dynamic range of the Hartke for live.

i was using a genz benz shuttle with tube preamp but about a year ago switched to markbass big bang. If I A/B the fm3 with any of its amps with my markbass, the markbass wins by a mile. It seems that low B string doesn't work well with most of the amps I've tried. I have better luck using no amp and a 10 band EQ

...It seems that low B string doesn't work well with most of the amps I've tried. I have better luck using no amp and a 10 band EQ

I've found this to be the case, not just with the low B but even just generally. I use an EQ2 (Source Audio) which let's me shape things in a very specific way. I have a 10-band for bass, but after using the EQ2, I'm gonna sell that 10 band.

Last edited:
yes please please please please please please please cliff please please. i don't even care what model. sunn, glockenklang, ashdown, aguilar, gk... just please please please throw us bass players a bone! I commit to never asking again for... one year. please please please please please.... i'll understand if you don't.

How about some bass amps? LOL.
How about some electric zither presets?
More likely to see that before you see another bass amp modeled. So silly.

it seems we have
How about some bass amps? LOL.
How about some electric zither presets?
More likely to see that before you see another bass amp modeled. So silly

So silly that we are allowing this place to slowly become TGP...

Only that the requests for bass amps here is something of a running joke for those who've been asking for more bass amps over the last ten years. But hey...good luck to you and your wishes. I hope it happens....but....if it doesn't, just remember this post. ;-)

Back
Top Bottom