How about more wild ass speculation?

african-wild-ass.jpg

Wild ass speculation? Cliff is joining Gov't Mule!!

1. New cab lab
2. Plugin for DAW of some sort
3. Single pedal version of amp or cab or effect block?
4. Mini MFC 101
5. Axe III

This looks pretty similar to what I'd guess too. Change #3 to "MFC expansion module" and that's pretty much my guesses.

Unless they're making a MIDI pedal that acts as both a mini MFC and an MFC-101 expansion module.... which I would buy so fast my head would spin.

On a serious note, I just hope Fractal Audio can incorporate some clever way of spill-over of FX during "preset change" with absolutely no gap in the audio. 2 amps is sufficient whether a dual layered sound or just clean, crunch.... whatever. More instances of FX just help so people can create larger presets w/o the need to make another. And most people create larger presets to avoid the audio gap when switching presets. This has always been the case for most guitarist with effects processors. We all know it. And Fractal have done an exceptional job. Although, I do believe there has been a couple of FX processors that nailed the spill-over during preset change without any glitch or drop in audio. But again, limited with the amount of effect instances and weren't amp modelers. If this could be done then there really wouldn't need to be a need for excessively large presets, X-Y or scenes really.

Ok- so WILD speculation? Not so much as a prediction but something I'd love to see happen:

I'd love to see Cliff's take on a multichannel DSP based thunderbolt preamp/interface, modelling the analogue stages of classic preamps, EQs, compressors tape, verb, all with zero latency monitoring.

Cliff has already modelled tape, passive EQs, studio reverbs, preamps etc- so a lot of the code is already there- it would probably be a big challenge in terms of the hardware and a mammoth challenge in terms of the communication to the DAW in the way I imagine it; The hardware would have a two way connection with the DAW so you could tweak these settings on the hardware using a plugin, before AND after recording. I'd imagine you could 'undo' the EQ you tracked with, because the 'Studio FX' records the source to the DAW dry, but always plays back each channel through its own hardware DSP stream, controlled by the plugin freeing up your computers CPU for editing and ha felling the audio files. This could be a nightmare to integrate into ALL the available DAWs, unless of course fractal build their own DAW too...

I guess it would be a more modern protools HD model- but actually good...

I think the next product is just going to be a type of stomp box. That when you click it on you can select which guitar player you want, then you turn up the volume, set a delay time so you have time to go sit down and watch your guitar play itself. That way you have more time to spend with all the groupies watching you play guitar, and you just tell them you are using your mind. They'll buy that lol.

MFC-101 Related...

As stated before, a mini-MFC, as they have the chasis in the AX8 and FX8

OR...SUPER-MFC, LCD Screens, Expanded Control beyond AxFx, Modular options

MFC-101 Related...

As stated before, a mini-MFC, as they have the chasis in the AX8 and FX8

OR...SUPER-MFC, LCD Screens, Expanded Control beyond AxFx, Modular options

I agree i could see that , I think an IR box like torpedo is possible as well

Yes, I have always dreamed of an AxeFx with a 13-pin option. If Roland had reasonable success with this, FAS could absolutely kick ass!

I wish someone would pick up that torch. I feel like Roland has gotten soooo close a number of times but they never seem to close the deal.

Here's the box I want:

• Axe-FX amp/cab sims
  • Line 6/Axe-FX/Eventide/Boss effects models - I want them all (oh, and the Klon model from the Zoom MS-100BT)
  • EHX C9/B9 pedals
  • 13-pin support with Roland/Line 6 guitar models
  • Variax input and associated tuner/model memories per preset - ideally it could download new models as part of the preset
  • Old school GR-300 synth support like the VG=99 and GP-1 via 13-pin or Variax input
  • Axe-FX style routing with the addition of separate support for more up front inputs - mag/piezo/13-pin/variax
  • Axe-FX controllers and modifiers
  • and perhaps some PCM synth engines like the GR-55 plus MIDI out
  • Liquid Foot Plus style foot controller

Is that really too much to ask for?

Back
Top Bottom