Wish How about Dynamic Scene Footswitches?

TechTone

My request is to be able to specify & store (with each program) the number of scenes required for that specific program. I call it 'Dynamic Scene Footswitches'

My description is based on the MFC-101 ‘Default Layout Mode’ but I'm sure it could be adapted to other layouts. (12 Instant Access switches with the 5 Preset switches at the bottom)

- When creating a Preset, the user specifies how many scenes are required for that specific program before saving.
- When that preset is recalled and then Reveal button is stomped, the stored number of scenes will flicker those Scene Footswitches LED's #2 up to #5.
Note, Footswitch LED#1 will be on because we always enter into Scene #1 after Reveal is first pressed.
(Lets assume our current preset has 3 scenes programmed and Reveal is pressed....LED#1 is on solid, LED#2 and LED#3 will chirp. You are in Scene#1)
- If you stomp on footswitch#2....LED#2 comes on solid and you are in Scene#2. LED#1 & LED#3 chirp.
- If you stomp on footswitch#3....LED#3 comes on solid and you are in Scene#3. LED#1 & LED#2 chirp.
- If you stomp on footswitch#4....Reveal LED turns off, LED#4 turns on.
(You would automatically exit Reveal mode and load preset #4 in that bank in the above example.)
OK, if you did save a 5 scene program, you are then forced to press Reveal to exit.

I'm trying to keep as many footswitches available/active at any given time. Especially the bottom row.
Currently, pressing Reveal on a 2 scene program renders switches #3, #4 & #5 useless.
I also want to minimize the 'stomp dance'....no need to press Reveal again to exit this mode when you quickly want to jump to the next program (assuming the current program has 4 or less scenes)

Thanks for listening anyway,
Wayne

Back
Top Bottom