How about a "TIP OF THE DAY" section in the forum ?

How about a "TIP OF THE DAY" section in the forum ?

• YES please

Votes: 11 91.7%
  • No forget it

Votes: 1 8.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

PALYGAP

Experienced
Ok it might sound a bit silly. But I have to admit I don't go as often as I should in the AXE-FX manual, AXE-FX WIKI (it is a really great WIKI), ... And it sounds like it is the case for quite a few of us (not all). So having some kind of tip of the day section might help us all discover:
- Important functionalities that, for some reason, we have overlooked
- Deep knowledge that is difficult to acquire or even spot searching through the forum
- Important features of new version of the firmware/AXE-EDIT ...
in an easy way.

The tip of the day is not likely to produce any new knowledge on the AXE-FX but could help share that knowledge.

Last edited:
Tried to start something like that with the 'Wicked Wiki' series of threads.

http://forum.fractalaudio.com/search.php?searchid=1482756

Not a lot of respons and a lot of other stuff on my hands, but I like information flows like that.

Yes that's what I meant: Wicked Wiki. Sorry, I had seen them but did not remember. I had the idea since quite recently I saw a few thread from which I learn about "basic functioning" of the AXE-FX that I had overlooked, and Cliff did on article on XFORMER MATCH that would have been eligible. What you did is real cool. Maybe there should be a specific section for that in the forum. There could be other contributors and FAS could also contribute.

I found the Wiki tips great of course, but they came a bit quickly one after the other, so no subject could be boned out. IMO, it was a form of info overflow on top of all the rest to follow up (if you weren't aware of many things yet).
I wouldn't wanna pin down Fractal employees to obligatory post each day either. Tiresome to keep up.
You'll get dozens of tips per day by just reading around a little bit more.

I really enjoy them Yek. Matter of fact, they always show me stuff I thought I already understood.
Same here, lots of times those posts were so complete that I didn't think that a response would add anything to it, but I was definitely reading them.

Not to hijack this thread but to add to it the idea of a sticky or a link to a youtube channel of Axe FX how to videos, tone tests, rig run downs anything that is Axe related in one place would be a really nice add to the forum.

Back
Top Bottom