How about a threesome? Metal IR comparison clip that is!

Vote

• IR 1

Votes: 9 52.9%
  • IR 2

Votes: 6 35.3%
  • IR 3

Votes: 2 11.8%

• Total voters
I love 3 somes :):) I would have to go with ML Sound Lab's. It is hard to tell what IR is what during the first way of the song, but you can hear it in the 2nd half. The ML has a nice bite and ballsy sound to it, while IR 1 sorta has the same thing but it sounds like a v30 and or Sm57 IR. Thw ownhammers sound good but they sound too soft to me if that makes since. It doesnt bite like IR 1 and Mikko's do.

So where do I collect the prize? :eek:

Nah just kidding. All of them sound really good and that mix is an industrial type of mix in which all three IR's seem to work really well. 1 and 3 are more scooped = sound better on their own but have a harder time cutting in a mix.

Awesome mix!

All are super sweet but I prefer 1 as there is a bit more clarity and air to the sound.

I like 2. ML Sound Labs cab pack 13 because it has the least amount of low end flub in the beginning (the most guitar sounding one in the intro) also it sounds better than the others on the riff at 1:49.

Aggressive riffs dude! What amp model was that? Fas Modern?

It's quad tracked, the main pair is 5150 block + 5153 50 watt blue and the secondary pair is 5150 block + thordendal I believe.

Interesting results, it's all based on taste I guess, but mystery IR one is in the lead. That IR is actually my least favorite alone, it's quite scooped and bright (almost fizzy) but it does work in the mix really well! The ML one has a really cool character and midrange growl that sounds huge. The Ownhammer is the most like a 'real cab' in the room to me, more of a blank canvas for you to impart your own spice. Really I could work with any one in the mix, the IRs out there these days are killer, you could shape any of them to suit your mix or vice versa.

Back
Top Bottom