Bug? Houston we have a problem (freeze and strange message !)

stefherbuel

Inspired
freeze.jpg

Don't know what it really happends today , but when power up at the gig , led testing was ok, and then this text on the screen (see photo) and the led 2 , 11, and incr/decr are green, and nothing respond..when i power up again, sometimes this message again, sometimes blank screen.tried #11 button when power up to factory reset, nothing happends...i already contacted g66 , but i post it here in case of someone may have an idea or any procedure ..
thanks

Looks kind of like an error code .... which G66/FAS might be able to identify .... so hopefully they will get back to you quickly on it

The usual MFC things you can try yourself are:

Make sure the correct device type is selected in the MFC setup menu

Try a different cable (as in a different cable of the same sort you are using now)

Try a different cable type (and change port type in MFC to suit)

Try an ordinary MIDI cable and use the MFC power adaptor direct to the MFC .... only do this with a MIDI cable type connection - do not plug in the power adaptor with Cat5 ('Expansion' port type) or FASLink cables!

Lift off the lid of the MFC and check for loose connections

Try re-install of MFC FW

hi maxdown and thanks for your answer :)
.i tried different cable and way to power supply (with axe fx II/ethernet or normal power supply)
i don't have access to any command and any menu, when i power up it does led test and this message and it's like freeze, no menu, nothing.tried firwmare update without success.even if i hold #1 button before power.
i will wait for g66 answer and report what they say about this here..
thanks again
stef

Ok the pb was the mainboard who was "dead" , they changed it and i will receive my mfc in a few days
i really want to tell that G66 (especially ole and sussie) always does an incredible work and support !!

Back
Top Bottom