Hotone midi controller

Is there supposed to be a picture or something?
Haha, yes there should have been a link to the "show your FM3 rigs" thread but something must have gone wrong and I left for the weekend.
Anyway here it is:
20211029_002655.jpg

I use 2 banks of the 99 available, one for scene 1-4 and another for scenes 5-8. Programming was "finger in the nose"

The FM3 contains 4 views in perform mode
one central view with per preset buttons
one view with preset up/down and central view choices
one view with tune/tap/central view choices
one view with the looper functions

Added a push button under the FV500 pedal for wah/volume toggle.

I generally use only 3-4 presets for blues & rock'n roll. This little rig rocks. Next friday I'll have the pleasure to use it, rocking on with 3 life long friends in the Netherlands.

Hey there,
This looks simple and effective.. 🤘

Cheers
I guess over the last 18 years it's the most simple and efficient setup ever. Not one cable too much, and all I need under less than 2 presses in the worst case. All in one GATOR bag, including cables and a small computer for editing and with a DAW to record if necessary.

Edit: pls note that the midi pedal can take it's 9-18Vdc power supply directly from the 12Vdc fas-link connector. I fused it with a 200mA UF fuse though as the plus is on the external buse of the power plug...an earth connection can be easily made accidentally when unplugging...

Last edited:
Quite soft step and comfortable but a few remarks after a rehearsal yesterday.
1) the scene changes operate at button release which is confusing in the start
2) to change banks you need to push 2 buttons the same time, not always easy to achieve. Inversely, as buttons are quite close, it happens to accidentally change banks....
3) the absence of leds, or even better : coloured leds, makes one needs really to pay attention to the buttons

The fact that FAS still didn't modify their scene screen display with bigger characters doesn't help also, whatever be the controller BTW.

In short : it's a great product, but the best you can do is have it parameters for 1-4 scenes only on all banks and use multiple patches. If not better go for a Voes.

Back
Top Bottom