Hotel California

Appreciate what you’re doing and willingness to share but it’s hard to get a real sense because your kitchen acoustics are not doing you any favours. What I was able to hear sounded decent.

For the outro there are some wrong notes in what you're playing, as well as the harmony. Measures 5 & 6 need different shifts for the D note (-3 then -5) so a single scale won't work there, and E has B (not C#) as harmony in meas. 7. One scale can instead be used for meas. 5 & 8 while another covers meas. 6 & 7.

Also it sounds like B had the wrong shift (-3) in the first measure. I'm not sure if that's from a wrong value (your listed scale shows the correct B -5 shift) or the previous D note ringing and interfering with pitch detection.

GNmVNJz.png

Bakerman, I think there is a discrepancy in what you wrote about the D note for measures 5/6. Measure 6 should be -4 if I'm not mistaken? I'm going through this now...
It's -5 semitones, A. Chord is D major there and the harmony is all chord tones, triads except for the F#7 and E7 in measures 2 & 4.

Thanks for all the work you’ve put In on this preset. Quick question, this is set up for playing the lower or upper register on the solo?

Sorry for the delayed response, been cooking :D. It is sep up to play the higher parts, hence the negative numbers for all notes in the custom scales. Please let me know how it works out for you!
What if I want to play the lower notes, do I just do reverse it?

They should be all set up. Are you looking at the custom scales directly on the FM3, or in the Edit? If in the Editor, it will all show the same until you click into one and it will update...

And, you're welcome :D
I was looking at the gblscale files themselves (using notepad) - they are all showing the same values - I've loaded it and couldn't understand why the harmonies weren't working - I'll try and re-edit the scales myself and fix it but just to let you know really.

Back
Top Bottom