Hotel California verse 2

Bakerman

Axe-Master
One guitar/preset covering 5 harmony parts.

Axe-FX audio only:

TDvK4mx.png

sNlv2cL.jpg

Fantastic work. The rabbit hole is truly deep. :sunglasses:

The envelope control on the MTD block is genius.

That is completely amazingly unreal! Wow!
For sure the smartest, most amazing preset routing I've ever seen.

Well done Sir!

This. Is. Awesome. and quite timely too for me as I have been challenged by some band members in a project I am in to accomplish this feat. "Surely you could just program some harmonies in your Fractal, easy peasy." they said.... I know I couldn't have done it anywhere near as thoroughly as this. Thank you!
My question, or search for help, is scene control. I fear I know the answer but it's been so long since I've messed with my MFC and assorted switches I'm not sure if I can make this work. I have an MFC-III I have never really needed more than 5 scenes for anything so a bottom row reveal gets me through that. I have a full set of external switches to handle various modifier jobs but I would like to know if it is at all possible to assign one to do the scene increment necessary for this preset but just for this preset. My gut tells me I can't, I'd have to make that a global change but asking just in case I'm missing or forgotten something.
Thanks again.

Sweet! I figured it out. Just settled in years ago with what worked for me switch and pedal wise and forced my presets to conform. This might help me get back into expanding how I do things. Thanks again for your work and your help!

I've been tinkering for a couple of days and have run into a couple problems. I run a guitar with a stereo out with a piezo so I run my magnetics left and piezo right. Any tips on how to most effectively fold this into mono and not lose functionality?

I've checked some things in the patch that I would normally adjust on any downloaded or found patches (Amp in->Left, Output block balances, etc.) This is by far the most complex piece of routing I've ever thrown myself into so I'm sure I've missed something because the first note "B" measure 1 is sounding with a "G" below for me right now.

I also, once I've figured out the mechanics and playing in standard tuning, have to convert it 1/2 step down. I think I've traced all that down and will able to do that with a few tweaks I'm not sure if I will have to mess with the Key modifier curve or not other than sliding Max and Min down 1/2 step.

Ran the tune for the first time in practice tonight and we've got it but I can't wait to get this going and unleash it :)

Check the global scales if getting wrong notes. G below B sounds like scale 1 isn't set up correctly.

If you need mono output from left channel, panning both cab IRs and reverb block left should work.

For half step down: lower PItch 2 "key" modifier min/max by 1/2 step. Use front panel as AE can set value in finer increments which may not work as intended. Then lower offset of the three pitch-sourced modifiers by equal amounts so filters toggle around (concert) B note instead of C. Reducing offset by about 4% should work but you can watch them on the grid to verify.

Back
Top Bottom