Hotel California - stock Plexi Treble preset

Nice - I.ve enjoyed learning that solo as well - though in my case I would still not call it "learned". There's one part I really struggle to do which, if I remember correctly, is a 1st string full step bend @ 17 followed by full step release on 2nd string at 17.

Tone is great - I'll have to try it with that preset.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Lovely stuff! You've really got that phrasing nailed.

P.S. Really enjoying your videos on the stock presets. It's great to hear some of the sounds that don't get a lot of press. Please keep them coming!

Good job! Funny how sometimes we often get consumed with a riff and then must go work on it....Coincidentally it happened to me just yesterday with a Jackson Browne song ( 1 degree of separation from the eagles)

thanks so much for watching and for the kudos guys...and don't worry, i'm going to keep the vids rolling, i'm really enjoying doing it.

the phrasing on this song is so tricky, but it just flows and is so lyrical....I have a whole knew respect for Felder and Walsh after learning it.

Very nice. Puts me back in driver's ed (haha, I had the 8-track version and we were lucky the car we were driving had an 8-track deck!). And like others have already said, nice phrasing.

Lee

Very nice. Puts me back in driver's ed (haha, I had the 8-track version and we were lucky the car we were driving had an 8-track deck!). And like others have already said, nice phrasing.

Lee

thanks! yah, the phrasing was the tough part...making it flow and sound natural. such lyrical, well paced phrasing. never gets in a hurry, great note choice, interesting bends/slides...learning it really opened my eyes to how good those guys were.

Jason I don't if you've seen this vid where Don spills the beans on the Hotel California solo. I learned a lot from watching this.

Reactions: yek
Very impressive, I find it difficult to learn songs/solos at the best of times so it would certainly take me longer than an hour!

That Felder video lesson is really cool, too.

The song's cord progression has my full attention today.

I heard through the vine he used an AXFX Ultra for this video..8)

Guitarlessons365.com has a good lesson on this solo for those like me who need guidance to learn it.

Back
Top Bottom