AFIII Hotel California solos

MattBowman

FAS Social Media Advocate
I’m back! It’s been quite awhile since my last guitar posting as I just moved and was getting settled. But I’m back and getting some playing in again finally! I figured I’d record the solos to Hotel California from The Eagles, as they’re just so epic and I’ve played this a bunch of times so I didn’t have to learn it from scratch haha! The preset is a tweaked version of the Factory Plexi 50W using the Plexi 50W 6550 model, scenes 1 and 2 were both used here and I just added the Phaser to the second solo. I changed the IR's to some of my OH Mar cabs, you can see which ones in the image below. I was not trying to match the tone, this was honestly just a preset I made for fun, and just ended up using it for this recording. Video editing was just done quickly in between students last night, so it's not the best.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-06-25 at 10.46.08 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-06-25 at 10.46.08 AM.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 106
  • Plexi 50W.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 70
I see that pantera album in the back ground. Make a preset for Hollow ;)
I’m back! It’s been quite awhile since my last guitar posting as I just moved and was getting settled. But I’m back and getting some playing in again finally! I figured I’d record the solos to Hotel California from The Eagles, as they’re just so epic and I’ve played this a bunch of times so I didn’t have to learn it from scratch haha! The preset is a tweaked version of the Factory Plexi 50W using the Plexi 50W 6550 model, scenes 1 and 2 were both used here and I just added the Phaser to the second solo. I changed the IR's to some of my OH Mar cabs, you can see which ones in the image below. I was not trying to match the tone, this was honestly just a preset I made for fun, and just ended up using it for this recording. Video editing was just done quickly in between students last night, so it's not the best.

I see that pantera album in the back ground. Make a preset for Hollow ;)
That Pantera record was given to me by Vinnie Paul at his house here in Vegas. He gave me a signed drum head and a book on his brother too, he was such an amazingly nice guy! I need to put that in a frame. Also it's been so many years since I've heard Hollow, but it's a great tune, maybe i'll give it a shot!

please do. I have Diamond Darrells Guitar pick I caught at the Far Beyond Driven tour With White Zombi Astrocreep 2000 tour here in Indiana
That Pantera record was given to me by Vinnie Paul at his house here in Vegas. He gave me a signed drum head and a book on his brother too, he was such an amazingly nice guy! I need to put that in a frame. Also it's been so many years since I've heard Hollow, but it's a great tune, maybe i'll give it a shot!

Back
Top Bottom