"Hotel California" Harmony Preset

Rufus rules!

Glad you like it, Rufus still rules :)

Photo-2018-10-04-21-22.JPG

Hi Johan,
I've imported your preset , but somehow I get on each scene only pitch octave down?
No harmonies at all which is strange cause the vid is great mate
Cheers

Very cool. I think I already have those custom scales taken as I downloaded Moke's Thin Lizzy preset... Could this still work if I use a different custom scale function?

Very cool. I think I already have those custom scales taken as I downloaded Moke's Thin Lizzy preset... Could this still work if I use a different custom scale function?

Yes, it can still be made to work. If you look in the pitch block, it uses a scene controller to select between custom scale 1-6 but you can change this to say 4-10 instead, or any consecutive block of 6 custom scales you want, and just program the custom scales there instead.

Yes, it can still be made to work. If you look in the pitch block, it uses a scene controller to select between custom scale 1-6 but you can change this to say 4-10 instead, or any consecutive block of 6 custom scales you want, and just program the custom scales there instead.
Thanks man, I'm gonna give this a whirl! Also, just a heads up that your video is blocked because of copyright. LOL unbelievable

Nicely done John! By the way I can't remember but is that the guitar you put the freeway switch on?

Thanks and thanks again for that wiring diagram. It's not in that guitar actually, the Freeway switch is in my PRS P245 Semi Hollow:

PRS-P245-1554865170.jpg

Such a versatile setup with the Freeway switch, push-pull for the parallel and piezo, I love it :) You still use yours?

Thanks and thanks again for that wiring diagram. It's not in that guitar actually, the Freeway switch is in my PRS P245 Semi Hollow:

PRS-P245-1554865170.jpg

Such a versatile setup with the Freeway switch, push-pull for the parallel and piezo, I love it :) You still use yours?

Yes I do, I use it a lot! Nice guitar BTW ;).

Hi Guys , I am new at this .. just bought a used AX8 and downloaded the file and imported into my AX8. Not sure how you trigger the harmony sounds. Did you also include above a preset for the main song?

Any assisgtance would be appreciated. I know the song well and play it with my band with keyboard doing the harmony. But also looking for a good preset for the main song. I use a strat.

FYI. When I step on the footpedal "#1" highlights S5 and "#2 highlights S6. Also I am not hearing the harmonies.

Hi Guys , I am new at this .. just bought a used AX8 and downloaded the file and imported into my AX8. Not sure how you trigger the harmony sounds.
You have to set up six custom scales, per the first post in this thread.

Hi @Johan Allard Thanks so much for posting this info. I'm using an Ax Fx III for live gigs and would like to be able to create a preset for HC. We're a 4-piece with guitar, keys, bass and drums so I have to find a way to do all the guitar harmonies myself. Have you tried to set this up on an Ax III? If so, would you mind sharing the preset? If not, anyone know someone who has done this on the III? I will try today to create one myself using your instructions but I'm sure it will take some time. BTW, sucks that your video was taken down. Cheers.

Hi guys, with YouTube removing the video on copyright grounds, here's a direct link: https://imgshare.johanallard.com/Hotel-California-Ax8-Harmonies.mp4. Anyone knows how to insert a video that's not hosted on YouTube/Vimeo/...?

And @curious, sorry - I don't own a Axe Fx 3 but I assume it would translate well. You should be able to use FracTool to convert the preset. They key really is to program the custom scale to make sure the correct scale is loaded for each scene (in the global menu, see http://wiki.fractalaudio.com/axefx2/index.php?title=Pitch_block#Custom_scales).

Hi guys, with YouTube removing the video on copyright grounds, here's a direct link: https://imgshare.johanallard.com/Hotel-California-Ax8-Harmonies.mp4. Anyone knows how to insert a video that's not hosted on YouTube/Vimeo/...?

And @curious, sorry - I don't own a Axe Fx 3 but I assume it would translate well. You should be able to use FracTool to convert the preset. They key really is to program the custom scale to make sure the correct scale is loaded for each scene (in the global menu, see http://wiki.fractalaudio.com/axefx2/index.php?title=Pitch_block#Custom_scales).
Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom