Hotel Axe-ifornia Using the Custom Scales VIDEO

Mark Day

FAS Artist-in-Residence
Fractal Audio Systems
My version (not the right one..lol) using the AxeFx direct. I created 6 Custom Scales and used them in 6 different presets. I did all the switching through Logic Pro 9, including bypassing and activating the phaser, prgm changes and pitch on/off.

If I was to use this live I would setup 2 Custom scales in 3 presets and use CC's to activate the Pitch function.

This was easier than I thought and was interesting doing it :) The preset is the same one I've been using for the last few videos but with a phaser and pitch shifter added.

I used my Les Paul to keep the song in 440hz.

Mark

[video=vimeo;22086714]http://vimeo.com/22086714[/video]

I loved that. I appreciate the tutorial too.

When the Eagles find out they'll fire another guitarist.

Nice one Mark, as always I might add. I'll be keeping this one linked for reference :D

p.s. How's the challenge coming along?;)

Excellent played. I do this tune in one of my coverbands ... you gave me a few pointers there on how I can improve my version .. thanxs !

This is a great example of understanding what you've got and how to use it in order to accomplish a task. I never knew what the offsets were for; that makes so much sense now.

Excellent video as always!

Nice one Mark, as always I might add. I'll be keeping this one linked for reference :D

p.s. How's the challenge coming along?;)

Thanks bro! The challenge is looking much better!

Mark

I can't say I got the custom scales bit completely, but I was mesmerized by your playing and the velvety tone of your guitar. Made my day, thank you!

I've been dragging my feet on learning this song. Better get to it this weekend.

+1

Great playing as ever and lovely tones too. We are not worthy....

The close up on the scales themselves is very blurred so I wonder what you did there Mark.

I am going to table out the 6 Custom scales and post here with their respective presets this weekend.

I don't drink so sets of Elixir strings are welcome...lol

Mark

Excellent played. I do this tune in one of my coverbands ... you gave me a few pointers there on how I can improve my version .. thanxs !

Thanks and I'm glad I could help :)
Mark

very cool video and playing!
can you get pro tools to switch presets, I would like to learn that.
Thanks, yes you can use PT to do the switching :)

Mark

Video was great...and going to the "Felder/Walsh cam" at just the right moment, nice touch!

Thank you very much, glad you liked the headstock cam switching thingo :)

Mark

Two Thumbs!

Excellent tone!

Thanks Dojo, I appreciate it very much!
Mark

This is a great example of understanding what you've got and how to use it in order to accomplish a task. I never knew what the offsets were for; that makes so much sense now.

Excellent video as always!

Thanks, I still can't beliieve how easy this was to do using the Custom scales.
Mark

I hope Cliff is throwing you a bone....

Guys like you that go the extra mile sell A LOT of units for him.

(Not that the Axe doesn't stand on it's own..I have owned mine for 3 years or so and am loving every minute.)

but...showing how much it can do is missed if you don't know HOW to do it.

TIA Mark !

Have these patches been posted anywhere? Just want to make sure I didn't miss them. VERY nice job on replicating the harmonies!

Back
Top Bottom