Hot For Teacher solo cover

julkke

Hi, 16-years old Finnish guitarist here, loving the Axe Fx II! Haven't posted any clips here yet so today I decided to correct that. I made a quick cover of Hot for teacher solo:

Not trying to play it note for note, I just went for the Eddie vibe.
Feedback appreciated, tell me what you think!

-Julkke

Last edited:
Great playing. I love the tone. I guess it's a strat. Really Blackmore-ish type of tone.

Reminded me a little bit of Blackmore's tone on Burn..

Very nice playing. I wish I'd played that well when I was 16! I feel the tone would have sat better if the other guitar parts and bass were present. Don't obsess about that, keep practicing and tightening up those chops. Tone can always be dialed later but playing like that requires talent plus practice. Nice work! Thanks for sharing

Like mentioned above, it's a little darker than the original, but it's also cleaner and fuller bodied. Also, I assumed the lack of ambient effects was to show the base tone and all. I liked it.

Thanks you all! Feels great to get good feedback! I agree about the tone being dry and raw, it's the kind of tone I like to practice with, nothing to hide my mistakes. :D I kinda like it though, Eddie had a very saggy and spoingy tone like this back in the club days. Very mean and feels great under the fingers. I think this was Plexi 50 high, bias maxed, with Pete Thorn IR. In the end, tone is subjective... ;)

Back
Top Bottom