Hot Country! PRS Style!

nice job man, dig it.
Cheers thank you!

Legit!

Great chikin' pikin' tones there.... can't wait to try that patch. Does it translate to your tele as well? Also, what p/u config are you using? Is it a tapped bridge humbucker, or one of those narrow p/u's in the neck/middle? I'm not familiar with that model PRS.
Thank you! Yes, just stock PRS humbucker, it comes with a coil split push/pull for the bridge. When you play with a pick, finger picks and close to the bridge you get more bite and growl. It was pretty easy to dial in a tone with the AXE.

Great stuff Rodney-Love it!!
Thank you! Really appreciate the it!

Heck yea, this rules
Ditto Sean! Really appreciate the listen and reply!

Cheers lads!

Very nice job, I'd love to play country riff as you do!
What pieces of gear do you have in your studio (and can be seen in the viedeos)?

Very nice job, I'd love to play country riff as you do!
What pieces of gear do you have in your studio (and can be seen in the viedeos)?

Diego! Thank you! Really appreciate it! I promise you can play this style. Mostly it is about approach utilizing what you already know. One year can change your musical life with the right commitment:

Gear? Too much to list! If you go to my website and choose gear page, it is all listed. Cheers!

Last edited:
not enough hand bounce to really sound like eric johnson...

Seriously though, awesome playing and it sounds like a tele! I've just started to try and tackle this genre, what a beast, brad paisley is my new hero. Can't wait to try this patch out thanks!

Cheers lads!

A virtuoso performance, very much!
Ha. Maybe, maybe not! But really I sincerely appreciate the listen and the good words! Thank you!!

PRS? - Check
Axe-FX? - Check
Talent to make the above two items sound that good? Nope....

Fantastic playing!
Thank you! Funny post! Appreciate the listen! Cheers!

Genuinely impressed by that mate, superb!
Wow, cool! Appreciate it!

not enough hand bounce to really sound like eric johnson...

Seriously though, awesome playing and it sounds like a tele! I've just started to try and tackle this genre, what a beast, brad paisley is my new hero. Can't wait to try this patch out thanks!
LOL! Ahahahahhaa! Still working on my bounce! Right now its mostly my right knee that bounces! I have heard so much cool stuff about Brad Paisley and have still not heard more than a YouTube cover. Gonna check it out soon. Hey PM me if you want to learn this very tune. It is coming out on a new DVD. I may be able to get you the tabs, GP6 file, backing etc. a bit early. (everything less the vid) Let me know. Thanks and cheers!

Oh man, that was so cool. I've never been into that style but it is always a pleasure to hear such an accomplished musician. I'd be all fingers and thumbs if I tried that. Well done, can't wait for the next one!

That was enjoyable in every way. Just a great song, great playing, great non-guitar sounds, great tone.
Great! Thank you for the listen! It is appreciated!

Oh man, that was so cool. I've never been into that style but it is always a pleasure to hear such an accomplished musician. I'd be all fingers and thumbs if I tried that. Well done, can't wait for the next one!
Gracias ColdSummer! Its a fun style to learn and its well within anybody's grasp! Thanks for the listen!

RG

Cheers!

Rodney Gene Jr. Austin Texas. Progressive Country

Here is sneak peek sample from my new DVD "Progressive Hot Country Guitar". Vol 1
It will be available Dec. 5th for DVD version and Nov 25th for full download version.

"Progressive Hot Country Guitar". Vol. II will be available Feb 15
"Progressive Hot Country Guitar". Vol. III will be available March 30

INLCUDES:
75 min. instruction
3 bonus videos on super learning mindset, gear and technique
Full backing tracks (3 speeds)
Full Note-Perfect Tablature
Note-Perfect Guitar Pro 6 files
Complete Isolated Guitar Tracks

Some of you have heard this solo as I posted a video here a couple weeks back.
It's a fun tune to learn.

These are not finalized with titles. Just the basic vids.
Thank you for watching and listening!

Rodney Gene Jr. Austin Texas. Progressive Country

Here is a 2nd sneak peek sample from my new DVD "Progressive Hot Country Guitar". Vol 1. It will be available Dec. 5th for DVD version and Nov 25th for download version.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom