Hostility on Kemper Forum

Hey guys, i tried to have a nice polite chat with the people from Kemper forum about the Dephaser vs. Pure Cabinet thing. I guess if it was a live chat, i would be beaten up by them. I've lost count how many threads are about saying bad stuff about Fractal Audio. About how Cliff rips things off, about how Kemper sounds absolutely better. Reminds me of kids trying to ensure they've bought the right toy by making jokes about other kid's toys. We don't see that much on Fractal Forum. Guess that tells a lot about us. Proud to be on "The Dark Side" (Like they say on Kemper Forum).

Cheers!

Well, don't read any threads here about the helix.

Sorry, I had to interject since you brought Parker in. It's easy to criticise him (kinda like John Mayer...), but the guy has figured out a way to drink the best wines in the world, get paid for it and have people speak his name in respect or in vein, not a bad gig if you ask me. Really not trying to pick a fight here, but I have used him as a guide for buying wine (at least, the ones I could afford that are not yet Parkerized...) for the last 20 years and I guess my taste buds are in line with his. Carry on...

no fight, obviously if you agree with a particular reviewer you go with him/her. But, in a comparison lets say, I would always prefer a blind test. Would be fun to blind test him.

Most people take opinions on the Internet for what they are worth. A few live in an alternate reality where this stuff actually matters. I have, however, learned there are certain posters on various forums and certain YouTube video posters whose opinions I can value more than others simply because their "ears" are similar to mine.

I can't limit myself by thinking in terms of what gear is best or worst - I prefer to think in terms of how can I use something. I still keep an old bass Pod around (original) because of the sample and hold effect on it. It is not a great version of that effect (I think they modeled a voltage filter by Moog or Oberheim), but I used it while putting together a piece of music for a client who wanted a distinctive intro "piece" for in-house videos. The order was for something "like Microsoft of NBC uses, but cool and distinctive."

Just a rambling thought that almost anything can have value when given the proper context.

If you are arguing about gear online you are too emotionally attached to your stuff because either you spent too much on it versus your income and are trying to justify it or you have too much free time on your hands.

Fractal has been bashed since the day it was introduced. People have a hard time accepting that there is something potentially 'better' than what they're using. I can't tell you how many times I got hammered in the early days just letting people know about this awesome product. It came down to this... I'm not going to beg someone to sound good....lol.

Hi guys! I'm new here. I have long thought that Guitar Culture in general tends to the ridiculous. As does all culture. Now where the heck do I go to discuss power amps for one of these babies? Take care!

One of the things I've enjoyed over my 30 years of playing is trying out new things and new gear I run into on the road, at local stores, in magazines, and at NAMM. I'll never get why people get their lil' feelings hurt when some shut-in techie wants to spout about how 'whose is better'... I just don't participate in conversations with twerps.
In 2012 I was simply asking questions in a Facebook group I'm in about advanced usage of effects loops on tube amps and someone mentioned Axefx. Another dude chimed in with the word 'modeler.' The Axefx guy Immediately tried to educate the naysayer and what followed was hilarious. Purists versus digital players... While these guys were knocking each other over because they had undercooked opinions I researched Fractal, discovered the truth, and revolutionized my guitar outlook.
So I guess what I'm saying is try everything out and see what works for you. I love the Kemper and think it's a fine product! The Helix looks reeeeeally impressive too! But I found what works for me and am in no hurry to fix something that ain't broken!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Fractal has been bashed since the day it was introduced. People have a hard time accepting that there is something potentially 'better' than what they're using. I can't tell you how many times I got hammered in the early days just letting people know about this awesome product. It came down to this... I'm not going to beg someone to sound good....lol.
All respect mate, but here I go again. Since the dawn of time. Everything which is the 'next big thing' is bashed. From The Beatles to Bieber, from the Boss GT range which is now a fossil to the Axe, I love it all, competition and progression

So many of you had said it one way or another, and I completely agree, that most people who are quick to argue about gear are usually the ones who are trying to compensate for something. Frustration in one's self leads to negativity, while creativity leads to productivity.
The funny thing is that the Axe-FX and Kemper really are not trying to do the exact same thing, so it's an apples to oranges comparison. Kemper is a wonderful product, but a very different approach with its own strengths and limitations, just like anything else.
Find a tool that suits your musical approach and feeds your creativity, then be productive with it to bring joy to yourself and to the world. AMEN!

G'day -
I joined the Kemper forum a number of months ago and have had nothing but good advice and pleasant attitudes.

Thanks
Pauly

I can't even interact on The Gear Page, it's like a pack of wild children roaming the board waiting to argue about anything.

Oh yeah: .9mm vs .40 cal - and go...

Back
Top Bottom