Hostility on Kemper Forum

lucbl3

Hey guys, i tried to have a nice polite chat with the people from Kemper forum about the Dephaser vs. Pure Cabinet thing. I guess if it was a live chat, i would be beaten up by them. I've lost count how many threads are about saying bad stuff about Fractal Audio. About how Cliff rips things off, about how Kemper sounds absolutely better. Reminds me of kids trying to ensure they've bought the right toy by making jokes about other kid's toys. We don't see that much on Fractal Forum. Guess that tells a lot about us. Proud to be on "The Dark Side" (Like they say on Kemper Forum).

Cheers!

It happens in all arenas including (but not limited to) cars, motorbikes, hi-fi, TV etc. etc.

The thing is... a lot of it is speculative, or it's purely personal opinion (and therefore not an absolute, incontrovertible fact), or it is 'facts' based on 3rd party subjectiveness (and therefore not really a fact).
Nobody wins but quite often human psychology and wanting to boost your own ego, or 'prove' you are right overwhelms the actual truth.

What is that truth?

Everybody has their own opinion but you shouldn't abuse or disrespect other for having theirs too!

To the OP, I admire you for trying to present a balanced and reasoned stance, but where emotions are concerned, failure is always a likely outcome.

Yeah, I think people use the forums for the wrong reasons at times. I came here originally (and still do) to find interesting presets, effects, hear cool demos, learn more about the unit, and obviously (the big one) to pick up new firmware. I own an Axe-Fx, why the hell would I care about any other amp or modeler? Those aren't the ones I own and the Axe is more than I can utilize or even deserve. There's no argument for me about which is better or worse. It's about which one I have that matters.

It happens in all arenas including (but not limited to) cars, motorbikes, hi-fi, TV etc. etc.

The thing is... a lot of it is speculative, or it's purely personal opinion (and therefore not an absolute, incontrovertible fact), or it is 'facts' based on 3rd party subjectiveness (and therefore not really a fact).
Nobody wins but quite often human psychology and wanting to boost your own ego, or 'prove' you are right overwhelms the actual truth.

What is that truth?

Everybody has their own opinion but you shouldn't abuse or disrespect other for having theirs too!

To the OP, I admire you for trying to present a balanced and reasoned stance, but where emotions are concerned, failure is always a likely outcome.
Yeah I get it. Well I tried to be polite there, asking about how people thought about the new pure cabinet stuff. Guess the best thing is to try it myself whenever I bump into a Kemper.

Enviado de meu SM-N910C usando Tapatalk

One thing no one likes to have criticized is their taste in music (it may be even more sensitive than questioning someone's parenting skills, religion, or politics). Maybe that explains it?

That attitude is at the same time the worst and most consistent thing about forums... sad state. But there is still a lot to be gained and they are a good thing overall. Like life, you just have to ignore the BS and enjoy the good.

I unfortunately no longer find online territorialism surprising. In my opinion, many people have their self-worth is all tied up in the things they own. With guitar gear, you can add to that the effect of a deep gnawing among those who never worked to develop their playing or musicianship to the point where it is satisfying in itself (or came to terms with it for what it is.) To these types, a challenge to "the stuff" is a challenge to the self. My response to "Gear Wars" of any kind vacillates between moral outrage and a pitiful longing for human evolution to get on with it already.

But do hear me out: I try to encourage people on this forum to be "civil," which gets played out too often as "turn the other cheek" or simply "switch off." It is in fact vitally important to stand against misinformation, false logic, underhandedness, etc., whether facing actual rabble rousers or those caught up in the current.

Just set a good example from a position of objectivity, knowledge, and sociality or you'll just make things worse.

Simple rule to follow. Treat others as you would expect them to treat you even if they are problem child's.

Have to admit, I have one of those old Italian tempers, I do my best to control it. Not proud of it. That being said, I agree with everyone in this thread that replied. Way too much my dad can take your dad kind of BS all over the web.

Just wanted to be honest on both counts.....

Last edited:
My suggestion, let the sounds win; to me the best 'wine judges' unlike Parker for instance do blind tasting, like 'wine spectator' a review publication. Put up sound comparisons or shut up. What could be more ridiculous than judging something NOT based on the actual thing the product does. It would be like saying my sports car is better/faster than yours because it has xx horsepower. Line em up and race! Again, especially blind folded, like some of the IR comparisons done on this site, those are great, and sometimes surprising.

who should care though. its not a compitition, to me anyways. like its been said in this thread .....whatever works for you. theres no one tool better than the other. i own both the kemper and axe and both have sounds i like. i also have a red plate magic dust amp that kicks serious a$$. i can find good sounds on all three and maybe the helix too if i get one.

My suggestion, let the sounds win; to me the best 'wine judges' unlike Parker for instance do blind tasting, like 'wine spectator' a review publication. Put up sound comparisons or shut up. What could be more ridiculous than judging something NOT based on the actual thing the product does. It would be like saying my sports car is better/faster than yours because it has xx horsepower. Line em up and race! Again, especially blind folded, like some of the IR comparisons done on this site, those are great, and sometimes surprising.

Sorry, I had to interject since you brought Parker in. It's easy to criticise him (kinda like John Mayer...), but the guy has figured out a way to drink the best wines in the world, get paid for it and have people speak his name in respect or in vein, not a bad gig if you ask me. Really not trying to pick a fight here, but I have used him as a guide for buying wine (at least, the ones I could afford that are not yet Parkerized...) for the last 20 years and I guess my taste buds are in line with his. Carry on...

Back
Top Bottom