Hosa DOC-106 Direct Out as Humbuster Adapter

Tlorn90

Curious, has anyone tried using one of these as a Humbuster adapter? Looks like you could just open up the TRS end and re-solder the ring from the tip to the sleeve right?

No, the Hosa DOC-106 goes from TS female to TRS male. You would need an adapter that goes from TRS female to TS male and rewire it accordingly. IF you use an adapter at the Fractal output and then a regular TS cable to the receiving device, you're largely defeating the purpose of the Humbuster circuit. The wire from the Ring contact of the TRS output needs to run the full length of the cable for best results. It needs to be shorted on the far end at the input of the receiving device, not right after the output.

@Mike Evans that TS to TRS adapter would short the Tip and Ring together so it would not work. Humbuster shorts the Sleeve and Ring together. It too goes the wrong way from TS female to TRS male. You would need a modified TRS female to TS male adapter and those molded adapters can't be opened for modification.

Last edited:
No, the Hosa DOC-106 goes from TS female to TRS male. You would need an adapter that goes from TRS female to TS male and rewire it accordingly. IF you use an adapter at the Fractal output and then a regular TS cable to the receiving device, you're largely defeating the purpose of the Humbuster circuit. The wire from the Ring contact of the TRS output needs to run the full length of the cable for best results. It needs to be shorted on the far end at the input of the receiving device, not right after the output.

@Mike Evans that TS to TRS adapter would short the Tip and Ring together so it would not work. Humbuster shorts the Sleeve and Ring together. It too goes the wrong way from TS female to TRS male. You would need a modified TRS female to TS male adapter and those molded adapters can't be opened for modification.
Okay. Thanks. Like I said, I'm not an expert and saw that and figured I would ask. When I read the other thread and saw how easy it was to make a humbuster out of a TRS cable, I ordered two cables to make myself. I don't like the clutter, nor the extra length/weight of the adaptor hanging off my input/output jacks.

Thanks again for the info.

I've measured the difference thru a 20 foot diy humbuster cable vs normal TA to an external switcher with drive pedals - humbuster had reduced noise, not dramitic, but worth doing imo.

Back
Top Bottom