Horrible Buzzing on sustain

asopala

So, I was playing with the axe, and I noticed this sound coming out from the machine when a note is sustained on the wound strings of my KM-7 7 string. Attached is the Sysex and an mp3 of the noise, but I'm using the OwnHammer OH 412 MES-ST V30-EN-08 RVNT 10 cab, the last one in the list for the Mesa Boogie Overload cab. Can anyone explain what's going on and how I can fix it?

View attachment Marshall JMP-1 Tight.syx

input clipping? dead batteries in guitar? pick ups to close to strings? bad cable? to close to computer or cellphone? does not seem like much sustain on higher notes for amount of gain.

I'm hearing 60Hz. inter-modulating the notes you play. Try pointing the guitar around the compass until that interference disappears and see if you still have the same problem.

input clipping? dead batteries in guitar? pick ups to close to strings? bad cable? to close to computer or cellphone? does not seem like much sustain on higher notes for amount of gain.

That is what I was hearing too, so I am thinking bad setup, interference, or that guitar has bad ghost notes which suck but not much you can do about that. Hard to tell without physically touching and playing the guitar since the OP doesn't really have any idea's to offer himself ect. Great that he posted an mp3 but in these types of cases sometimes that is just not enough.

Sounds like a combination of to much gate, low strings and high gain. Or possibly crunch parameter or something set too high.

Sounds like the signal is being routed through a bandsaw

you might want to share the patch to cancel out various shenanigans

AWESOME! I WANT THAT PATCH! HOW DID YOU DO THAT?

I don't have that cab. Is there a stock cab that does the same?
What is actually the problem? Sounds like something you could have built on purpose, a bit fuzz-like. There is a boatload of gain on that tone. Crap starts to happen with that much gain.

Your gates are kicking in too quickly, so its hard to tell. Also where is your Input volume set on the I/O page?

It also sounds to me like it could be a noise-gate thing.

I downloaded your preset and looked at your gate settings; try lowering the ratio on the input gate and shutting off the gate in the grid and see if that helps. Also try using the Classic over Intelligent.

I experienced something really similar before I got the Axe-Fx when I was running a JVM with a ISP Decimator ProRackG. It really quieted everything down, but made for some weird effects in the process.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom