Horrendous - The Stranger (Modern HM-2)

crg123

Experienced
Attached is my humble attempt at tone matching the Hm-2 that actually sounds "good" on its own. I've been slowly working on it for the past few months. I took a weird approach to dialing it in.

I used a Hard Fuzz going into a Metal Zone (both mixed in not full and highly altered) into a Comet 60. I chose the Comet since it has a great crunch sound and works really well with my low B. Super full and clean. I put that into a tone match of Horrendous' the Stranger. I really messed with the EQ and settings of each block.

After that I used a gate to tighten it up and some chorus and enhancer to widen the sound.

Hope you guys like it. It use to have a the Citrus 4x12 160 A from cab pack 14 but I was able to mess with some settings and the Citrus Mix seems to come close so I can actually share it.

I'm using a Ibanez 7 in B Standard with BKP Painkillers playing through KRK VXT8's. Hopefully that helps you adjust for your rig accordingly. Sounds great for slow palm muted riffs (entombed) as well as rapid fire picking (Dismember).

A good dialing in trick depending on if you want more or less of that HM-2 sound. Mess with the amount and smoothing in the tone match. You can really change the sound with this.

I'll try to find some time to record a sample sometime. Down attached or here: http://axechange.fractalaudio.com/detail.php?preset=5515

Enjoy!

Edit: Really fast double tracking as I'm on my way out the door. Sloppy but you get the picture. No post editing (Obviously! haha) Note this sounds like Ass through laptop speakers so play through your studio monitors so you get the low end, thats what really makes the sound.

Attachments

• Horrendous - The Stranger.syx
    12.6 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
I have honestly no idea who the band was that you were trying to tonematch (showing my age maybe?) but I have been using this patch on my tunes since you posted it and I love it. Thanks for putting that together.

Thanks! I appreciate it. It's fun to mess with.

This is what I was attempting to match.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom