Horizon drive Misha Mansoor

ThelmoRego

Inspired
hey guys! Do you guys think that this pedal does anything special that we don't already have in the axe and if so do you thing it will be modeled?

I love drive pedals. The Fractal drives are good and I do notice the improvement however with a direct AB I prefer the real drives. With that said, live, I will use just the Fractal drives.

Last edited:
I can't imagine that with a drive block and gate, that the axe fx wouldn't be able to do the exact same thing.
It's a glorified 808. The attack knob can be simulated using a combination of the tone and low cut controls. The bright knob can be simulated using a combination of the treble and high cut controls. Volume and drive are self-explanatory.

I feel like the Horizon devices OD is going to be nothing but hype. I definitely won't be investing that much money into one when the 808 exists on top of the fact that Cliff has really been overhauling the modeled OD pedals lately.

It will be certainly a good piece of gear, but I'm sure our black boxes can achieve the goal just as good if not better than the pedal. Certainly the hype as with the ProTone pedal is the selling point, I ended with one of those ProTones and was a good OD, but really worth it.

I'm biased since I'm one of the guys that founded the company but personally I do not think there is really much out there that compares to the Precision Drive. I recommend checking out the demo videos posted by Keith Merrow and Ola Englund.

Also someone else mentioned the Precision Drive being modeled. I would be pretty excited if Fractal modeled our pedal and put it in the Axe FX and I am almost 100% sure Misha would be excited about that too.

From my point of view, it's free marketing for us if Fractal & Co. felt it was good enough to justify the effort modeling it. :)

Spelling mistakes courtesy of my phone and 3:30AM posting.

I'm biased since I'm one of the guys that founded the company but personally I do not think there is really much out there that compares to the Precision Drive. I recommend checking out the demo videos posted by Keith Merrow and Ola Englund.

Also someone else mentioned the Precision Drive being modeled. I would be pretty excited if Fractal modeled our pedal and put it in the Axe FX and I am almost 100% sure Misha would be excited about that too.

From my point of view, it's free marketing for us if Fractal & Co. felt it was good enough to justify the effort modeling it. :)

Spelling mistakes courtesy of my phone and 3:30AM posting.

Well damn. If Misha is onboard then there's really no reason not to. Besides, aren't you guys only doing a limited run of these? Maybe I misinterpreted it, but are you just gonna make a few batches and then call it quits? It'd be a great way to immortalize the pedal forever by having it as a model.

Well damn. If Misha is onboard then there's really no reason not to. Besides, aren't you guys only doing a limited run of these? Maybe I misinterpreted it, but are you just gonna make a few batches and then call it quits? It'd be a great way to immortalize the pedal forever by having it as a model.

It's kind of up in the air right now and depends largely on how much sustained interest there is in it.

Wow, so easy to get all of these tones on the axe fx already. And there's a noise gate as well. Smh... edit- Looks like a cool pedal, and the features are cool for an analogue purpose, and modern applications, I just really don't see the need for it to be modeled!

Wow, so easy to get all of these tones on the axe fx already. And there's a noise gate as well. Smh... edit- Looks like a cool pedal, and the features are cool for an analogue purpose, and modern applications, I just really don't see the need for it to be modeled!
I agree. There are other more unique pedals out there that I'd like to see added first. The Skreddy Screwdriver for instance and a few others.

Back
Top Bottom