Horizon Devices Precision Drive Modern Metal Test

Hey guys,

I recently got myself a precision drive by horizon devices for testing purposes. So far I'm quite happy with it. I used it on the guitars and bass bass-signal chain. Here's some mix with it:

Let me know what you think! :)

Is it much of an upgrade over the built in drives? I gave my Maxon OD808X a try on my AxeFx and to be honest it wasn't worth the extra clutter over the built in drive.

Hm I don't think it's worth the money for rythm guitars only. I tried to dial the built in T808 to match the precision drive, and I can't hear much of a difference. The T808 might have a bit more balls and a "rawer" characteristic, where as the precision drive is very clean. However, for the Bass this thing rocks, there is so much low end coming through if you want it to! Else, for ambient guitars and stuff the drive of the pedal is really nice, better than the built ins imo.

The test is without any post processing. In a mix you porpably won't hear any difference at all.

Fairly well! But I think, with enough tweaking and knowing what you're after, you can dial in any tone with the axe that you could do with the PD. I guess the PD makes most sense on analog amps ^^

Back
Top Bottom