Hoping the Axe Fx II new old stock sells out soon!

Tremonti

Fractal Fanatic
While I understand that they have stock that they are trying to sell, it has definitely put a damper on what we can get for ours used. Pair this with the discounted Axe Fx III for the past 2 months and it has been a bummer.

Hoping that once the new old stock sells out at Fractal and the III goes back up to normal price, that we can at least get $1500 for Axe Fx II XL. Typically the Fractal Axe Fx's hold their value extremely well. But given the current climate, they are selling at way below and that is a shame for people like me that try and justified the III purchase. I was willing to lose a grand with the II to the III, but not really wanting to lose much more than that!

Understandable point of view as a seller, though I’m sure there is an equally large demographic that is hoping they go even cheaper, maybe waiting for sub $1000 to meet their budget.

Sellers want as much as possicle, buyers want to pay as little as possible.

I personally don’t think there will be any significant upswing in used II value though. As more and more people are buying the III, when the FC ships and folk who were holding onto their II and MFC for live use don’t need them anymore, etc, hit the market, the overall surplus may exceed any increase in demand with new stock being exhausted, and prices could drop even lower.

I bet first week the FC’s start shipping there will be a big upswing in II’s and MFC’s suddenly hitting the market, so great time to buy, poor time to sell.

I generally expect no more than 50% at best out of used gear resale. If I can get more, fanastic, I got like 95% of my Ax8 back, but I don’t expect it. I paid $2500 for my III, but at best I’d expect no more than $1750. Folks buying them and think, oh I can get $2300 anytime, becasue of initial shortage, simply are going to be disappointed. Given new was $2250 right now, if someone offered $2k I’d take that and run with it.

Likewise, if I had a buyer for a II, I think I’d take any fair offer and not look back. I sold mine for $1250, and my MFC for $350. Recouped a nice bit of cash and not looking back.

I’d rather potentially miss out on an extra $100 verse risk having to end up selling them as a bundle for $1250 or soemthing just because there are a ton of MFC’s hitting the market.

Time to sell for peak value was before the III was announced, and I think overall the used value is going to be in steady decline, who knows for sure though, maybe a used or “vintage” II might fetch more than a III for some odd reason, just like a Whammy I is worth more than any other model, even though the V is every bit as good, if not more advanced

Stranger things have happened, but overall, I’d say take the money and run

Hoping that once the new old stock sells out at Fractal and the III goes back up to normal price,

Don't hold your breath.....There can't be too many folks paying $1799 for the XL+ when they can easily get a used XL+/XL or AFXII for much less or just pay $2249 to get the III. I don't expect the III to go back up to $2499 anyway.....so used III's will soon be about 2k or slightly less.

There are too many players in the digital market nowadays for Fractal units to hold value like 5 years ago. The Line6 & Atomic etc...factor is real. Many products have improved modeling & IR loading now which closes the gap.

I would also consider that there are lot of Axe FX IIs out there so the market will have a good supply for long time to come.

As cool as the III looks I feel no need to jump on board anytime soon. I was happy with my Ultra for 9 years so I expect I will be happy with my II XL + (and AX-8) for a long time to come. ;)

Firmware updates will be a big part of the demand equation I’m sure as well. The III has been getting lots of cool new features, near weekly, and that surely is enticing a lot of potential buyers/upgrades.

I think if the II suddenly gets an update with some new stuff, it may make it seem more viable of alternative for many buyers.

On the other hand, longer it goes without, or if it gets a minor one without many new features, it may seem more at the end of the road, and that surely will influence demand.

FAS could say stock is gone, bumping demand, yet at the same time also say firmware in finalizes, dropping demand, for no overall change in the same announcement.

Just too many variables to really speculate on.

I willl say that I’m certainly not buying up cheap II’s right now with any hope of selling them for hundreds of dollars more in 6 months time lol

Back
Top Bottom