Hoping for some Axe2 help in Central Scotland

casperoff

Inspired
Hi,

Got my Axe fx2 on Thursday, I'm finding it a bit daunting!!!!!!

Are there any users in Central Scotland I could perhaps hook up with to go over some basics.

Thanks

I would love to go to scotland! Pay my flight ticket and ill be there tomorrow! ;)

No seriously, the manual and the wiki is great. Take some time to read trough it, and then look up things more specifically when you need it!
The forum is a great source of knowledge too!

Have a look at these guys on you tube they helped me to understand things easier:

Scott Peterson taming the monster (he's on the forum too)
KKMmusic (also on the forum)
Bernd Kiltz

And the axe wiki by Yek is a huge gold mine of information.

I still refer to all these things and everyday is a school day with this little black box of tone enjoy.

Have a look at these guys on you tube they helped me to understand things easier:

Scott Peterson taming the monster (he's on the forum too)
KKMmusic (also on the forum)
Bernd Kiltz

And the axe wiki by Yek is a huge gold mine of information.

I still refer to all these things and everyday is a school day with this little black box of tone enjoy.

As a fellow new guy, I must concur with this information. Once you've got a handle on the basics, I found it extremely beneficial to download some well established patches (like Yek's for example) to see how these guys put their patches together. Just poking around at how they do things has been really useful, particular with effects routings. For example, I would never have thought to put delay and reverb in a parallel chain but, after trying it, it's so much easier to get a nice balanced sound with it, that I much prefer it this way. Otherwise, I was having fun getting the same overall level with and without the effect activated.

I cannot emphasise enough how having a good quality set of something to listen to it all through is important for working things out. I think this has been my main stumbling block but now have a set of decent studio monitors to listen to everything through.

Don't be afraid to ask a question on here either. The guys in here are really friendly and willingly share their knowledge. I've found that the built-in search feature isn't always accurate in returning what you're looking for and have had better success in searching through Google and then filter the results by the Fractal site.

Back
Top Bottom