Hope the FC's get some update love soon....

Tremonti

Fractal Fanatic
I know there are a lot of wishes and I have not seen any implemented yet, just bug fixes. I know they are still rolling them out slowly with production....but I'm hopeful that some of these ideas are looked at seriously.

I know there are a lot of wishes and I have not seen any implemented yet, just bug fixes. I know they are still rolling them out slowly with production....but I'm hopeful that some of these ideas are looked at seriously.
What specifically do you find lacking?
Just had a rehearsal and I’m doing so much with the fc-6. I find that working with it every day and tailoring it to my needs is amazing. Just takes time and prep.

I agree. The FCs are nice as-is, but they are definitely missing some useful features. For example, bank size Being global instead of tied to layout is a fairly large and obvious flaw that should be addressed in order to make the layouts more useful.

A lot of people don't even have their FC yet... (including me). Be happy you have one! I'm sure updates will come with time.. :)

A lot of people don't even have their FC yet... (including me). Be happy you have one! I'm sure updates will come with time.. :)

I’ve yet to determine which foot controller to go for.....

These feedback from those who have theirs already are very helpful ....these being new product developments ....I’m sure FAS anticipates these early feedback unlike other companies ...especially given the continuous dynamic nature FAS has uniquely pioneered in its products.

The ability to use external switches to access ....ie ..banks, scenes...etc is not quite clear ...and is a deciding factor at least for me in my case.

And the improvements in those updates will likely be inspired by people making who are making wish lists now.

The issue for me is: I not sure how to handle set list functionality. I know some folks are using 1 preset and various scenes to achieve their sounds for a gig. For me, though, I feel a need to use various sounds per song. This leads me to use 1 preset per song with various scenes to achieve the different sounds. But I find the inability to copy scenes outside of presets limiting. For example-- I have a Preset for a song that includes an acoustic emulation as the first scene. It has a very specific and non-standard routing. The other scenes are various iterations of dirty rhythm and lead sounds. The non-acoustic scene are all similar and pretty easy to get going, but I had to set up the acoustic patch by writing down parameters and blocks. Seems like there should be an easier way. Maybe there is-- I'm still a neophyte on the FC6. Just my $.2

The issue for me is: I not sure how to handle set list functionality. I know some folks are using 1 preset and various scenes to achieve their sounds for a gig. For me, though, I feel a need to use various sounds per song. This leads me to use 1 preset per song with various scenes to achieve the different sounds. But I find the inability to copy scenes outside of presets limiting. For example-- I have a Preset for a song that includes an acoustic emulation as the first scene. It has a very specific and non-standard routing. The other scenes are various iterations of dirty rhythm and lead sounds. The non-acoustic scene are all similar and pretty easy to get going, but I had to set up the acoustic patch by writing down parameters and blocks. Seems like there should be an easier way. Maybe there is-- I'm still a neophyte on the FC6. Just my $.2

@black - I use my AxeFX and FC6 just as you described .... My workaround for copying scenes out side of presets is as follows:
1. I standardized the layout of all my presets as best as possible
2. I created TEMPLATE Presets that gets me 80-90% there as far as blocks /layout goes
3. I use the templates as a starting point for every new song/preset
4. Make use of the BLOCK library to save exact settings of individual blocks - no need to write them down

On occasion I have copied a present just to get the one scene as an exact starting point for a new patch - but have found using the block library a bit more flexible

hope this helps

@black - I use my AxeFX and FC6 just as you described .... My workaround for copying scenes out side of presets is as follows:
1. I standardized the layout of all my presets as best as possible
2. I created TEMPLATE Presets that gets me 80-90% there as far as blocks /layout goes
3. I use the templates as a starting point for every new song/preset
4. Make use of the BLOCK library to save exact settings of individual blocks - no need to write them down

On occasion I have copied a present just to get the one scene as an exact starting point for a new patch - but have found using the block library a bit more flexible

hope this helps
I always forget about the block library...thanks.

Back
Top Bottom