Hooking a rackmount effect to the AX8

JohnT

Am I doing this right? I picked up an ART SGX LT (yeah, I love '80s metal) and am going through the effects loop of the AX8.

FX send on the AX8 to the input of the ART.
FX output on the AX8 to the output of the ART.
I use the instrument input on the ART.

In AX8-EDIT, I put the FX Loop in front of an amp and cab.

This does work and sounds good, but I am unable to use the tuner on AX8, presumably because I'm using the instrument input on the ART? Am I doing anything wrong or missing something? Thanks in advance!

I would have thought the ART SGX "actually" goes in the fx loop-completely? IOW, fx loop I\O connect the ART and your guitar goes into the AX8 input, not the ART. Never tried this but fx loop to me, on an any other device uses the fx loops in and outs. Hope that makes sense.

I would have thought the ART SGX "actually" goes in the fx loop-completely? IOW, fx loop I\O connect the ART and your guitar goes into the AX8 input, not the ART. Never tried this but fx loop to me, on an any other device uses the fx loops in and outs. Hope that makes sense.

Yep, that does make sense. Thanks! I did try this initially but wasn't getting any output from the guitar when I plugged the guitar into the AX8 input. I must have missed something--I'll try again.

Back
Top Bottom