Hookers

Geezerjohn

Fractal Fanatic
I have really been enjoying the Hook amps. A nice subtle variation between the different channel settings. Even the 3b cleans up really well when the guitar volume is rolled off. It smokes the jeans when opened up. I also noticed that the voice of the guitar is well defined when switching instruments, even in the same pick up configuration. The single coil Lollars in my sig "Crafty" model sound very different than my Suhr Classic with ML's. What a great amp.

Yup; another hooker here too ... in my mainstay of core patches/amps. I run a two amp patch and they're great.

But man, those rectos ... good golly miss molly ... and the DC30, .... (could do this all day)

Sorry ... the hooks have something something special. Great blend of harmonics, clarity and grit, openness and warmth. Distortion is deliciously different but right in the pocket.

I'm all over these amps, my favorite "Marshall" sound by far and the easiest amp to dial in for those tones I'm finding. They are amazing when using the volume control; they clean up without getting thin/wimpy and roar when full up. One of those rare amps where every channel knocks it right out of the park, and, like you say, even the 3b cleans right up with a killer tone and feel with the volume control. My main crunch tone is using the 2A...great tone, versatility, and feel...

What you really need to make the Hookers sing is an old Suhr Guthrie Govan sig model. Then you have Hookers and Blow.

Back
Top Bottom