hook your headphones straight into headphone jack of the the Axe-Fx II XL+

Bcraig

Inspired
Ok let say I have the headphones
I been reading on the form that people say donot hook your headphones straight into headphone jack of the the Axe-Fx II XL+

I am sorry why what I am missing?

Oh I am sorry I am new and still try to learn
I probly misunderstood some I read

So what should I do to or the best way to properly hook up my headphones to the Axe FX 2 XL+ to the best possible sound?

Oh I am sorry I am new and still try to learn
I probly misunderstood some I read

So what should I do to or the best way to properly hook up my headphones to the Axe FX 2 XL+ to the best possible sound?
Plug your headphones jack into the hole that says phones and play. VOlume 1 Output knob controls volume by default.

So I don't need buy a extra sound card inface or headphone amp?
and if I did what are the pro and cons of using this other hardware items to hook up headphones to the AXE?

I'd return the extra hardware if it were me. The AxeFXII (all iterations) work well with headphones into their intended jack. Extra hardware just adds possible breakdown points, as well as a very slight delay, just due to path of signal travel. The older Ultra and Standard did not have a headphone jack, so perhaps you read an older thread? Good luck!

Cheers,

Lee

Yes Lee I did read a old thread
Thank You

Now I did come across
"Ideally you want equipment that has similar EQ curves. You can get headphone graphs at the headroom.org and visually compare them to the spec sheets of monitors."

Is this true?

Bcraig,

No need to make things complicated. Just use whatever headphones you own and plug them in the "Phones" jack on the front of the Axe FX. Control the volume with the Output 1 knob. That's it. Nothing bad will happen to you or your headphones. Just start with the Output 1 knob all the way down and slowly turn it up. The Output knobs are very sensitive.

Everything else you read about "headphone graphs" and "spec sheets" are just crazy audiophiles making things complicated. Yes, you can spend the time and money to get the *~*~perfect~*~* pair of headphones, but it's just getting in the way of playing guitar. Just use what you have now and upgrade later when it's holding you back.

Was looking for info on the Blue Mofis and came across this review in 'What HiFi':

"There’s not much in the way of control, precision or timing, and the direct delivery lacks space and insight. The upshot is a blunt, messy sound almost to the extent of crudeness.

While their character is a good match for lively tracks, they charge through even the mellowest classical pieces like a bull in a china shop. There’s not even a glimpse of patience or discipline, not to mention dynamic scrutiny.

We find the overpowering bass a little distracting too – and even more so with ‘On+’ activated.

The amp is part of the problem and we actually prefer their sound in passive mode. There’s more dynamics and subtlety up for grabs, but even then it’s nowhere near the level of the class leaders at this price, such as the Sennheiser Momentum 2.0s."

'Space and insight', 'not even a glimpse of patience or discipline, not to mention dynamic scrutiny.' o_O ...... jeez .... now whoever that reviewer is is someone you don't want to be cornered by at a party :)

Sounds like an inexperienced reviewer.
With "timing" he has carelessly ventured into the realm of objectivity, where he will be shot down by anybody with the most basic understanding of system theory.
What a BS.

The only thing I do with the headphone outs on the AXE is into a small (powered) mixer so I can blend with an alternative source(s) for tracking, etc. BTW - another happy MoFI user here. :)

I started with AKG 240s. They are getting worn out so i got an inexpensive pair of Skull Candy "Grind" phones. They feel good and sound good enough for what i do.

Back
Top Bottom