Honored to be the proud owner of the very 1st production Axe Fx II!!!!

If I may ask, what was wrong with your firmware? I've just started using one, is there something I should look out for before I have to redo all my settings as I'm 0.19?

Nothing was wrong but the firmware needed to be updated to recognize the Axe-Fx II.

It was a VERY cool thing that Cliff did for me. And the thing that makes it cooler than anything is that I did not do anything special for Fractal and I am not a celebrity or someone special (you know, like Solo-Act).
Oh! Got me!! One of my gigs is a chili's too in a mall...LOL...so please don't be offended if find that comment funny :)
Despite all of the conspiracy theories and all those who have nothing better to do but get on here and be negative or look for ways to bash people...
To put this in context, Dana came here to say he was honored to receive something the forum has been lusting after since the announcement. Then he failed to provide any details on how that came to be...obviously forum members would be very curious to know that.

Regarding "all the conspiracy theories", the "be negatives" and the "looking for ways to bash people", that's an overblown statement. Dana was literally flooded with congratulations for seven pages before I inquired about details, lamented the lack of info, and predicted Dana wouldn't be a regular forum contributor.

No, that's not politically correct behavior, and I should've congratulated him and thanked Fractal for their generosity. But given a worldwide countdown to zero shipping, weeks of randomly posted availability info and a forever frothing forum, I figured I'd step in and say what perhaps some were feeling. 'Course, maybe I was the only one feeling that way, but I doubt it.

Since there were zero details, I proceeded to work with I had: photos and posts that revealed a guy with money for two Ultras, an MFC, two Diezels, a $3k PRS, and enough left over for an Axe-FXII. No offense intended or ill feelings for Dana's prosperity. Given that prosperity, I assumed Dana was a day-job, bedroom player. Again, no offense intended, just calling it as I saw it -- hell, he probably plays circles around me. I also went with a hunch that he's not going to be a regular contributor to the forum. I could be completely wrong though...

this was just a very cool thing to do, plain and simple...and I am extremely grateful for it and happy about it.
Of course you are! You're the 1st pre-sale, production axe-II owner! -- are we implying you're feeling anything less? Far from it. And if the urge hits Fractal to randomly select someone calling for a drive-by ogling as the 1st pre-sale buyer of a II, then GREAT! That's an awesome santa-clause, christmas good-cheer type of story. And now I'm guessing that was your original intention.

But that isn't how it came across. To me -- it was presented as "look at me, I'm a dude with money to burn (in this economy) who isn't part of the forum and I was really lucky that Cliff really took care of me...but I won't tell you why".

So, in the spirit of contribution vs condemnation, and based on Dana's writing and what he's been implying, it sounds like he simply called Fractal on a weekend and asked if he could drop by. Most likely when he dropped by, he offered to buy one on the spot.

Since he said he did nothing special for Fractal, it follows that he likely didn't bring cash and that he paid $2199 +tax.

Mattman did edit his post, but if those are all the details, then Dana lucked out and I'm really happy: both that he was in the right place at the right time, and that Cliff wanted to take care of him.
Sincere and honest.

To me -- it was presented as "look at me, I'm a dude with money to burn (in this economy) who isn't part of the forum and I was really lucky that Cliff really took care of me...but I won't tell you why".

Solo-act, you're out of line.

Did you get fired or divorced today? I've read upwards of 50,000 post in my day and this is one of the most uncalled for and mean-spirited attacks I've ever seen. Judging danacabral's financial success in life in public? For no reason other than extreme envy? Literally "accusing" him of doing well because has Diezels? Every line of yours reeks of jealousy and self-pity.

If I could summarize my observation in four words, it's "none of your business." Do you have any idea how bad you look? I didn't quote your whole dump to give you a chance to delete it.

To danacabral: Congrats man! Anyone who's met or knows Cliff has a strong clue why you got this.

Last edited:
Thank you so much for meeting me on a Saturday Cliff!

Picked up the unit at Fractal headquarters today! Hand built by Cliff himself! I can't even wait to plug it in! Cliff was also nice enough to upgrade the firmware on my foot controller.

I am so pumped!!!!

Dana, don't sweat those few posts. Folks have been chomping at the bit for this thing and you had the misfortune of receiving some undeserved blasting due to pent up frustration from a couple guys. This is generally a super-friendly and helpful forum. Thanks for sharing your experience and we hope you stick around. I have a feeling we might bee seeing some Diezels in the for sale postings soon :)

Solo-act, you're out of line.

Did you get fired or divorced today? I've read upwards of 50,000 post in my day and this is one of the most uncalled for and mean-spirited attacks I've ever seen. Judging danacabral's financial success in life in public? For no reason other than extreme envy? Literally "accusing" him of doing well because has Diezels? Every line of yours reeks of jealousy and self-pity.

If I could summarize my observation in four words, it's "none of your business." Do you have any idea how bad you look? I didn't quote your whole dump to give you a chance to delete it.

To danacabral: Congrats man! Anyone who's met or knows Cliff has a strong clue why you got this.

+1 Exactly what I was thinking. Well said!

I'm just glad to hear someone has one, means it won't be long now. I think Dana came across like most of us would - totally giddy and excited. Looking forward to my own Axe II day!

Since there were zero details, I proceeded to work with I had: photos and posts that revealed a guy with money for two Ultras, an MFC, two Diezels, a $3k PRS, and enough left over for an Axe-FXII. No offense intended or ill feelings for Dana's prosperity. Given that prosperity, I assumed Dana was a day-job, bedroom player. Again, no offense intended, just calling it as I saw it -- hell, he probably plays circles around me. I also went with a hunch that he's not going to be a regular contributor to the forum. I could be completely wrong though...

WOW! What does anyones playing ability, job status, financial security, forum post count, or any other personal aspect have to do with buying a piece of gear? The absurdity is completely off the charts. All this over a few photos posted by a guy fortunate enough to be the recepient of Cliff's good will and wanting to share it?

I guess since I am a bedroom player, pretty much a beginner, older and therfore financially secure, I don't deserve one either... well at least NOT BEFORE YOU *sigh*

:):):)

While this doesn't personally bother me because I'm happy to see that there are axe 2's getting out there, I'll say with all other things, comments, and statements aside that I think it was in poor taste to present it as you did in a forum of people clamoring to get their hands on one. I'm happy for you, but i completely understand why this would be perceived as rubbing it in, solo act was out of line I agree, but you can't say you're surprised someone reacted like this, most everyone on this thread through all the well wishes and congrats and *sarcastic* banter was secretly a little irritated/pissed

Last edited:
While this doesn't personally bother me because I'm happy to see that there are axe 2's getting out there, I'll say with all other things, comments, and statements aside that I think it was in poor taste to present it as you did in a forum of people clamoring to get their hands on one. I'm happy for you, but i completely understand why this would be perceived as rubbing it in, solo act was out of line I agree, but you can't say you're surprised someone reacted like this, most everyone on this thread through all the well wishes and congrats and *sarcastic* banter was secretly a little irritated/pissed
WOW some of you think I'm personally wacked out because Dana got one first. For the record, I've only had TWO emotions during this whole thread: 1) curiosity about who Dana is and how/why it happened and, and 2) a mild disappointment ("kind of a bummer") that an axe-II went to someone who hasn't been a part of the forum community and that we don't know why it did.

That's it gang, thus all the disclaimers in my post and the sincere admission of happiness at the end of the post. You can read what you want into it, but that's all that's there.

Why am I not wacked out? Well...I sold my Ultra for profit, I was lucky to be offered a loaner axe-fx, and I'm lucky enough to have squeezed together $$ for dental work AND the axe-II. I'm simply not motivated to feel envious or self-piteous. I'm quite thankful for my current situation.

Like Jtolll, it doesn't bother me personally. However, Dana's acquisition also left a weird after-taste given the environment. If I'm out of line and in the wrong for 1) describing out of curiousity a bit of Dana from his photos and forum posts 2) stating how how his post came across, then I'm truly sorry but his post did come across that way -- to me.

However did anyone notice that immediately after posting my impression I proceeded to DISCOUNT IT by presenting what was most likely reality? First impressions can be deceiving. I think some guys missed that part (and the part at the end) and are only pulling out of it what they want to hear.

Once again, regardless of how it initially came across to me, in the end Dana's story fleshes out into one where he was in the right place at the right time and Cliff wanted to take care of him. So it is a santa-claus, christmas good-cheer type of story after all. And that's something to be happy about.

p.s. sincere apology to Dana for any slighting of you as a person. None intended.

Last edited:
Agree... if Cliff had hooked me up early... theres no friggin way I would have posted anything about it on here right now

Geez! I am sure that was the farthest thing from Dana's mind when he posted that he received the first AFII & it was out of sheer & genuine excitement, not thinking it would cause any issues.

I have never seen a bigger bunch of babies posting hurtful, negative banter regarding this situation. Build a flipping bridge & get over it!

First of all, I apologize to solo act. For never having met him, I was a tad bit too aggressive in condemning his post. I could have left out a line, maybe two. I was new to this thread and I was in a state of shock. It's most peoples belief that you just don't even go there discuss such private critical judgements on the forums. Still,

I have never seen a bigger bunch of babies posting hurtful, negative banter regarding this situation.

1) I don't know Cliff very well at all, but I can tell you he is one of those who is very creative in his personality, an artist. Maybe you think "straight" and can't comprehend how Dana could get one of these for no reason. Cliff's mind obviously, and thankfully, goes different places than most of us. If not, we'd still be jailed with our Pods.

2) Cliff wanted to throw someone something real to show you all that The Great One really is coming. I think danacabral was in the right place, right time, a mini lottery winner and generously took the time to give us a preview with 0% malice.

Now to ruin everyone's Tuesday all over again, here's my bedroom rig:
joe_bonamassa_guitars_amps.jpg

Wait till I post my stage axe collection.

We humans are such a funny bunch, ain't we?

Last edited:
As another member posted " Someone had to be first " and that about sums it all up.
Maybe better to focus on the fact that as I type this message, unit after unit are all being assembled + boxed up ready for sale and delivery and it'll have your name on it, and my name on it too. Surely the fact it's been announced, tested, green lit and even officially released should turn those frowns upside down ;)

First of all, I apologize to solo act. For never having met him, I was a tad bit too aggressive in condemning his post. I could have left out a line, maybe two. I was new to this thread and I was in a state of shock. It's most peoples belief that you just don't even go there discuss such private critical judgements on the forums. Still,

1) I don't know Cliff very well at all, but I can tell you he is one of those who is very creative in his personality, an artist. Maybe you think "straight" and can't comprehend how Dana could get one of these for no reason. Cliff's mind obviously, and thankfully, goes different places than most of us. If not, we'd still be jailed with our Pods.

2) Cliff wanted to throw someone something real to show you all that The Great One really is coming. I think danacabral was in the right place, right time, a mini lottery winner and generously took the time to give us a preview with 0% malice.

Now to ruin everyone's Tuesday all over again, here's my bedroom rig:
joe_bonamassa_guitars_amps.jpg

Wait till I post my stage axe collection.

We humans are such a funny bunch, ain't we?

That's a lot guitars......and amps.
And btw, nice bedroom

As another member posted " Someone had to be first " and that about sums it all up.
Maybe better to focus on the fact that as I type this message, unit after unit are all being assembled + boxed up ready for sale and delivery and it'll have your name on it, and my name on it too. Surely the fact it's been announced, tested, green lit and even officially released should turn those frowns upside down ;)

Very well said!

I keep telling myself there will come a day I am going to click "add to cart" and the next screen will not tell me that my cart is empty. And the fact that someone is out there already with a production unit means that day is just that much closer :)

Now excuse me, I need to go back to refreshing the yahoo store page errr work ;)

Back
Top Bottom