Honored to be the proud owner of the very 1st production Axe Fx II!!!!

I do not know what the problem is with Fractal's manufacturing - are they really so small? I have been waiting 7 months for my order now in the UK and have had so many 'promised' dates. Originally ordered as an Ultra I am very happy that it will now be an FX-II but 7 months is too long to wait. I guess that I am not the only one but PLEASE CLIFF, SEND SOME TO EUROPE SOON!!.

Where's the face palm smiley? It would be applicable here.

It's good to read that there is a real light at the end of the tunnel. I was waiting on the list for over two years for the foot controller. Being that someone bought an Axe-II...it allows me to be excited. Good times ahead.

Last edited:
I do not know what the problem is with Fractal's manufacturing - are they really so small? I have been waiting 7 months for my order now in the UK and have had so many 'promised' dates. Originally ordered as an Ultra I am very happy that it will now be an FX-II but 7 months is too long to wait. I guess that I am not the only one but PLEASE CLIFF, SEND SOME TO EUROPE SOON!!.

While I do feel bad for you, this is normal practice for any small guitar/amplifier company. I mean if you were to order from any of the boutique shops for an amp your wait would be able a year as its generally, just like Fractal, a small group of people. Same thing goes for guitars, you typically wait at least a year for any luthier and then ones in high demand like Jason Schroder or Thorn take up to 2-3 years.

Position wise I'll do a very similar thing once the AxeII arrives.
instead of having it in the rack part of my table (where the Axe is located right now), It'll sit in a rackbag right in front of me, resting on the 88 key masterkeyboard. This will put the knobs in the perfect position to be tweaked. :)

Happy for you, too. But be prepared to be set upon by the masses with questions like the one above.

The release is still following my baseline scenario from a month ago. Units for the connected and lucky for the first couple of months, and then the rest of us in the fall and winter.

Non-posting, mystery man, bedroom player with 2 Ultras lying around - one that's never been opened - appears for bragging rights to the first axe-II then disappears...

He obviously did something for Fractal that resulted in being invited to pick up one the first units before they went on sale. Would be nice if he participated in the forum.

Since he showed up here (or was invited) just to brag about it, it'd be just a *tad* respectful if he'd reveal WHY he was invited to pick up a first-run unit.

I don't think we'll hear from him again, and I wouldn't count on him participating in the forum. Kind of a bummer really.

Back
Top Bottom