Home Studio Monitor

Codeseven

For low volume use at home I've been looking at the Adam Audio AX Series, specifically the A5X. Anybody have experience with this speaker or the Series? Thanks

Yes I got the A5x about 2 weeks ago for my AX8 and they sound great. I did a lot of research on what to buy for home playing on this forum.Yamaha,Adam and some others came up so I went with the Adam A5X and I am happy with the choice.

Yes I got the A5x about 2 weeks ago for my AX8 and they sound great. I did a lot of research on what to buy for home playing on this forum.Yamaha,Adam and some others came up so I went with the Adam A5X and I am happy with the choice.

Nice, that's what I was hoping to hear. From what I've read, for a typically sized home room, the A7X is a bit bass heavy, the A3X a bit bass light and the A5X is just right in that environment. Also, like the A7X, the A5X has 3 contour controls whereas the A3X has only one. Thanks

I have not touched the controls in the back and left the volume at noon. From what someone told me is that I should do all the tweaking from the AX8. I had a little promblem with the muddy/ dark sound on some of the patches and someone on the forum gave some info on which values to tweak in the amp and cab blocks. Everything just came alive and it sounds great at reasonable volumes thanks to Prorenzo on the forum. The suggestions he gave me are on the link below.
http://forum.fractalaudio.com/conversations/eq-your-ax8.86946/

Back
Top Bottom