Home studio humidity control

L

luke

I presently use a dehumidifier in spring/summer and a humidifier in fall/winter. It seems like I am spending a lot of time either filling the humidifier or emptying the dehumidifier.

Ideally I'd like to find a wall mount unit that does both.

I'd like a unit I can run a water line to, and it would automatically fill the humidifier.

Also, it would have the ability to run a pipe out through the exterior wall to drain the dehumidifier.

Know of any such product?

The ideal solution would be to install both on the furnace if you have a forced air heating system. Easy to adjust, minimal maintenance, but maybe a bit expensive. The newer steam injection humidifiers are a nice option, but they aren't cheap.

We have hot water base board heat, and I'm only looking to keep the one room 40% year round.

Not sure about both humidify/de-humidify but there are some built in room humidifying units that are marked for wine cellars, cigar humidors, paper storage, etc. I looked into a centrifugal unit years ago, as well as a Skuttle steam unit. Some of these can be noisy and expensive. I gave up and keep the guitars in their case with case humidifiers and run a Air-O-Swiss portable humidifier adjacent to the closet where the guitars are stored (when I remember to fill it (nice quiet humidifier)).

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom