Holy smokes!

dr bonkers

Fractal Fanatic
Vendor
Ok, 4 hours into playing it after reading how to set input and output levels.

This unit is amazeballs and I don't get easily impressed. For once, I bought a unit where I am not nuking all the presets. Really nice and usable presets are there right out of the box.

I probably have a few weeks of hardcore learning before I can start porting over presets from the 2 to the 3.

It's not a loudness thing that makes the 3 sound better, it's a clarity and the details in the distortion.

More review to come in a few weeks.

Nice work, Team Fractal.

Now when are you selling the Bellicheck style Fractal hoodies? As a fellow mad scientist, I need the gear to match what I'm doing.

Attachments

• 20191026_132502.jpg
    20191026_132502.jpg
    5.5 MB · Views: 111
This unit is amazeballs and I don't get easily impressed. For once, I bought a unit where I am not nuking all the presets. Really nice and usable presets are there right out of the box.

I totally agree! I was stuck on preset 1 for almost an hour when I first played through my III. I barely needed to port any of my presets from my II except for ones that had customized special FX. I just made small tweaks to some of the factory presets and they sound better than my II's presets.

Did you load 10.2?
Yes sir!

I was amazed how different the feel is between Ares 2.1 for the II and FW 10.2 for the III. I was switching back and forth between favorite presets that were common between the units. the III really has more depth and detail to the distortion and cleans.

Amazing stuff, Cliff.

I was stuck on Studio Clean for about an hour doing my poor impression of Adrian Belew riffs during the King Crimson Discipline era.

Yes sir!

I was amazed how different the feel is between Ares 2.1 for the II and FW 10.2 for the III. I was switching back and forth between favorite presets that were common between the units. the III really has more depth and detail to the distortion and cleans.

Amazing stuff, Cliff.

I was stuck on Studio Clean for about an hour doing my poor impression of Adrian Belew riffs during the King Crimson Discipline era.
I had a similar experience coming from the AX8 to the III recently. The AX8 was great, but the III truly is in a class of its own. The difference between the units, in both sound and feel, is drastic.

Yes sir!

Amazing stuff, Cliff.

My favorite King Crimson album. Brouhaha, balderdash, ballyhoo.

He’d be more joyful if he traded that Ultra up to a III.......
Well he also had the Johnson Millennium JM-150 for like 10 or 12 years before he had an Ultra

He only let the JM-150 go for the same reason I did, scarcity of spare displays rendering the unit potenteially an expensive doorstop.

OK another eureka moment thanks to @AlGrenadine and FracTool.

I convert one of my favorite custom presets in the II to the III, from my Polytone 1X15+2X8 pack.

The only thing I did was link the same cab to the preset in the III since we don't have preset+cab bundles in the III yet.

From 45% in the II to 25% in the III and it sounds better with no tweaking. Amazing!

Memory comparison.PNG

OK another eureka moment thanks to @AlGrenadine and FracTool.

I convert one of my favorite custom presets in the II to the III, from my Polytone 1X15+2X8 pack.

The only thing I did was link the same cab to the preset in the III since we don't have preset+cab bundles in the III yet.

From 45% in the II to 25% in the III and it sounds better with no tweaking. Amazing!

View attachment 59513
Thanks mate :)

Back
Top Bottom