Holy Sh*t! Fredrik Thordendal AXE-FX II Rythm Sound

Try to write in a language that its not your native one, they you'll understand....

I was being ironic. I was making a criticism over something completely pointless, like the other two were. Also, the way that his sentences flow raises doubt that English is not his first language. I digress, I was merely pointing out how unnecessary criticising somebody over a completely subjective matter is.

Why is everyone focused on riffs? The point of meshuggah is that there are no rules, I highly doubt they write songs thinking about how many notes should be in the riff. There are so many bands that riff and don't even have half of the emotional impact that meshuggah has.

It's all evolutionary.

I'm sure the hair metal guys said the same things about thrash, rock and roll guys about punk, and now we have the thrash guys saying it about 'djent' (a term the Meshuggers don't agree with, so I believe....).

We also had Baroque give way to the less complex Classical and Romantic periods..... I'm pretty sure Beethoven was in the Meshuggah mold (or rather, vice versa....).

As for this 'djent' thing.... i blame Faith No More for the existence of Periphery..... but to say it's riff light is doing the 'genre' a disservice..... Just go have a listen to Periphery (I'm not a fan, btw.....).

Anyway, first world problems...... and before I leave you (after taking the thread for a nice long walk), I'll leave you with this....... :D

I'll never understand the need for some people to pop into a thread that's clearly about Meshuggah (or Thordendal to be specific) just to say "Meh, I don't like it".

If I saw a thread about the Grateful Dead or Phish or whatever I'd just skip over it rather than take a dump on the music (and by extension the fans).

i blame Faith No More for the existence of Periphery..... [/video]

If that is the case something went very , very wrong along the way

There are so many bands that riff and don't even have half of the emotional impact that meshuggah has.

!?!??! lol what emotions are you talking about? It can only be one emotion because everything is the same.

The point of meshuggah is that there are no rules,I highly doubt they write songs thinking about how many notes should be in the riff

Something as formulaic as meshuggah over the years proves their fence isn't very big....

In fact this is the varibles
1.should we use real amps, modellers or vsts for this album?
2.should we use real drums or program them?

ok boys back to the 0--------0----1----------0-----1----1---1-1----------0

Cough, can we get back to the AxeFX instead of bashing/arguing/complaining about Meshuggah. Everyone has their own opinions and that's that. I would like to know if anyone has discovered the proper cabinet or attempted to tonematch yet with this new amp. Which so far, I love.

Reactions: Ole
Cough, can we get back to the AxeFX instead of bashing/arguing/complaining about Meshuggah. Everyone has their own opinions and that's that. I would like to know if anyone has discovered the proper cabinet or attempted to tonematch yet with this new amp. Which so far, I love.

Yes, yes, yessss. Pretty sure the last time I looked this was a thread about Thordendal's tone/patch and not a thread about wether Meshuggah are good or not. I am also interested in peoples experiences with the amp block. Was very excited to try it and was the first thing I went to after the update but it sounded nothing like what I thought it would do, though I've heard some great clips from Ola Englund and a few others. Can anyone suggest a cab to go with it?

Gave the amp a propper testdrive at band practice and it sounds killer. I´m using a Dizzy/Fas Modern patch and replaced the Dizzy with the Thordendal - great improvement!
Since I play an Engl poweramp into two Marshall 4x12 cabs I had to go lower on the bass when trying Yek´s suggestions but the sound was just wow!
Thanks Cliff & Fractal!

Incredibly, every thread I opened today here and on TGP is flooded with arguments and negativity, be it about speaker technology, bands, firmware, available parameters on a modeler or responding to emails. Time from a break from the internet me thinks. oh, and happy 4th of July to my American friends !

well this thread is now full of fail....

Remember guys people who like death metal, think that your music is just as horrible as you think Meshuggah are and no one is right!

What a funny old thread this is!

I'm 53, grew up with Black Sabbath as one of my favourite bands, saw them live loads of times and headbanged so hard I couldn't lift my head up to see the road when I rode my motorbike back home. I even stormed the stage at one point and stood next to Ozzy doing the arms raised victory salute! Wonderful days. My parents hated them, thought it was just mindless noise and music to commit suicide to. And I liked that.

I don't get this death metal genre at all, it sounds like mindless noise to me with stupid distorted yelling, but I'm glad it exists and I kinda like the fact that I don't get it, nor do I even try to.

Funny thing is, the Thordendal modern is quite possibly shaping up to be my favourite high gain amp in the Axe FX, go figure.

Anyway, it's all good, people shouldn't get so precious about shit.

If that is the case something went very , very wrong along the way

!?!??! lol what emotions are you talking about? It can only be one emotion because everything is the same.

Something as formulaic as meshuggah over the years proves their fence isn't very big....

In fact this is the varibles
1.should we use real amps, modellers or vsts for this album?
2.should we use real drums or program them?

ok boys back to the 0--------0----1----------0-----1----1---1-1----------0

please post a clip of you playing something off of chaosphere accuratley. :lol

ha... dude your band sounds like this>>>
and you make fun of Meshuggah:roll

That's a single microphone in a basement for a guy running a low power FM station in Grand Forks ND with a new singer who had been in the band literally 5 days. My band also sounds like this with proper equipment:

Last edited:
I don't get it either man... and I used to be a huge metalhead back in the day. His technique is horrible, but I can't help but think that's part of the appeal. Fret hand ring finger knuckle is buckled, plays on the pads of his fingers instead of the tips, holds his pick with his thumb knuckle, pulls the first fret out of tune every time he frets it, uses the same finger for that ascending section... but he's stupid famous and I'm a nobody, so perhaps he knows something I don't.

To each his own. He's actually a decent player and holds back in Meshuggah. His Special Defects album from the late 90's is great.

That's a single microphone in a basement for a guy running a low power FM station in Grand Forks ND with a new singer who had been in the band literally 5 days. My band also sounds like this with proper equipment:

You guys sound similar in a lot of ways to Andromeda, especially the singer!

Back
Top Bottom