Holy crap the new JVM sounds great

Same here. It's already made it into 2 slots of my 5 presets (X/Y). Need to hear it at volume Thursday before I move forward, but I very much like it so far.

Whew - just really gave it a rip... that amp is THICK man. Just made it my Y setting to the JCM800.... damn fine Marshall tone!

I finally fired it up today. It rocks!

I wasn't interested in getting yet another hot-rodded Marshall clone but this new real-deal Marshall is badass.

After reading all the positive comments, I finally dug in and took the JVM for a spin. Mmmmmmm! Scrumpdilicious! Raw....mean....smooth. I like it a lot.
This is another one of those magical combinations where rolling back the throttle, it cleans up and turns in to a whole new animal. Love it.

Sheeshh... wish I could get some time off from the "day job" to try this stuff out <real bummer>

How much of the JVM's functionality is replicated? Are the 3 "modes" of each channel represented? Are the 4 different channels of the JVM410 represented?

How much of the JVM's functionality is replicated? Are the 3 "modes" of each channel represented? Are the 4 different channels of the JVM410 represented?
I believe someone already stated that it was modeled from OD1, Orange mode. This is the most popular channel/mode, at least amongst the JVM forum community.

I believe someone already stated that it was modeled from OD1, Orange mode. This is the most popular channel/mode, at least amongst the JVM forum community.
as a former JVM owner it was always my favourite. If was always the fave on the JVM forum back then too. Its a great tone and I always regretted it wasn't possible to dial in 2 or 3 variations of this mode and switch between them on the JVM because I reckon that mode could do just about everything a hairy rocker could want!

IMO, the reason the JVM sounds good is the plate cap on the second-to-last triode. That smooths out the tone considerably. The second-to-last triode is associated with "Triode 1 Freq" in the advanced parameters. You can adjust this to simulate adding a cap to the plate.

The other thing that helps the tone is the 220K plate resistor on the last triode. This shifts the bias point down vs. a "classic" Marshall. Unfortunately the bias points aren't exposed to the user.

holy shit i didn't notice we got a jvm until i saw this thread. i haven't been able to get the marshall sound i've been wanting (probably because this axe fx is new to me and i suck at patches still), but i was settling on the 5150 model for most of my main patches... I'm probably going to replace it with the JVM after checking it out. shiiiit yeah.

I know I was ornery earlier this year with all the waiting and confusion on the release, but I've gotta say thanks to Cliff for this update.

On a slightly related note, it's interesting to note that the JVM channels were purported to be replications of old Marshall amps, the JCM800 2204 being one of them. Since then the JVM seems to be new Marshall rock/metal standard. It figures, as I had a JVM410H and sold it after I got my Ultra. I could never get a tone I was happy with from the Marshall models in the Ultra since though.

I'm seriously thinking of getting an Axe II because of this new amp model.

I'm so in love with my existing tones I havent tried this or the Lonestar amp sim yet either but my mind and ears are open so I'll give it a shot right now. The Orange Recto New is still my personal favourite but am always happy to find another ! Love this box.

Just traded up to the AxeFx 2 from a Standard I had for a year and a half , and the JVM sim is GREAT . My main tube amp is a JVM into 2 by 12 with V30's.. Sounds almost the same to my ears. Very well done...this rig just keeps getting better and better. Very satisfied . My other great tube amp is the mighty Diezel Herbert. Would love to see a sim for that next ;-)

Back
Top Bottom