Holy crap! Nearly destroyed my hearing!

Stringtheorist

Fractal Fanatic
I just turned on and selected a preset on my Ultra and the Axe emitted a horrendous high-pitched squeal into my left ear! Volume levels haven't changed from usual. WTF!? Anyone else had this happen?

Hello, i have the same Problem, turned on a Preset and a squilling noisy Sound is coming out. Just sometimes or when i activate the Drive in a Preset. Have this Problem since i make the Update 7.0.

Any Solutions??

That used to happen, for some reason I don't remember. I thought it was something to do with CPU overload.

I still get an occasional squeel , but it may be something to do with the editor (not necessarily the editor, maybe in the data being sent). Sometimes when I change a block, the Axe will emit a high pitched squeal until I remove that block. It may corrupt that one block for some strange reason.

One point of why it may have been SO loud, is how you set up your patches. I played some of your patches from the axechange (btw thanks). You have the levels so low, when you dial up a normal preset they are deafening loud.

gittarzann said:
One point of why it may have been SO loud, is how you set up your patches. I played some of your patches from the axechange (btw thanks). You have the levels so low, when you dial up a normal preset they are deafening loud.
Yeah, that occurred to me too. If I can get past all the problems I'm having with the editor right now I'll save them with higher levels. Still wish there was a way of normalizing volume levels across all presets automatically. :|

gittarzann said:
That used to happen, for some reason I don't remember. I thought it was something to do with CPU overload.

I still get an occasional squeel , but it may be something to do with the editor (not necessarily the editor, maybe in the data being sent). Sometimes when I change a block, the Axe will emit a high pitched squeal until I remove that block. It may corrupt that one block for some strange reason.

Yep cpu overload was it but Cliff fixed that many firmwares ago. Could have crept back in.

Yes the same Problem i have, but this not should be. I played a Concert last week and in the middle of the Song ( i started to play the Solo ) this squilling sound is coming out :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: . The People was shooked. I lose my confidence into the axe .........

and the cpu is not overload in my Presets. This i looked first.....

windoc said:
Yes the same Problem i have, but this not should be. I played a Concert last week and in the middle of the Song ( i started to play the Solo ) this squilling sound is coming out :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: . The People was shooked. I lose my confidence into the axe .........

and the cpu is not overload in my Presets. This i looked first.....

There is a bug reports forum for this. You are right it should not be, but Cliff can't fix what he does not know is broke. Did you report this to Fractal support?

If you guys could fing out how to recreate the event it could help find where it is coming from.

I am going to move this post to the Bugs forum.

I try to record this an post it in this Forum if whenever it happen. I already contact the European Distributor for Support.

Since the last three weeks i never have the problem again. I think it is not a problem from the Axe, maybe it could be coming from my amp. I used the rectifier valve tube and one of these ar rattling and make the noise. Since i deactivate those tubes i nerver have problems. :p :p
I am Happy again

I'm still having this problem regularly. It's getting so whenever I move a block from one row/column to another I want to reach for my amp's standby switch in case I get a blast in the ear. :(

This happens to me with the editor sometimes when I click on either the Noise Gate or the Output section. When I make the adjustments on the Axe-Fx itself it never happens.

Back
Top Bottom