HOLY CRAP Batman ! Part 2...

flyingfadr

Power User
Just used my Ultra for the first real recording session this weekend ( have always used it for Live, but not recorded until now...)
In all the years of Mesa amps, and huge racks of gear, which sounded great in their own right... I've never had such a MASSIVE, THICK, PHAT, punchy tone !... just plugged it in, played the part, doubled it, and BAM !

Such a HUGE pleasure to just "plug-and-play" !

I've been a recording engineer for well over 20 years, and love the process of mic'ing and recording guitars, but that usually takes hours of tweaking the amp, finding the "right" mic, on the "right" cabinet and speaker, the "right" mic pre, EQ, and compressor... having to deal with time constraints, my Ultra was pure bliss !

Sample recordings to come... still have alot of clean-up work to be done before I can post a sample...

Thank you Cliff !

I've been a recording engineer for well over 20 years, and love the process of mic'ing and recording guitars, but that usually takes hours of tweaking the amp, finding the "right" mic, on the "right" cabinet and speaker,

One word and you'll re-live these good old days: Redwirez :D

One word and you'll re-live these good old days: Redwirez :D

Hahaha... I know what you mean... the preset I use, has a Redwirez V30 cab... luckily I guessed correctly, and found a nice combination off the bat... but with the newly purchased Ownhammer IR's, I feel the need to experiment... just hope for a USER-FRIENDLY IR audition function, either in the son-to-be-released Axe-Edit, or a 3rd party audition app...

Ain't it cool? :D

Ridiculous is the word I would use.... ( in a GOOD way...)

My other band recently got asked to play at Rocklahoma this year, so I am trying to set up a "Fly rig", so I can carry on my Ultra, put it in the overhead compartment, set up and play... was thinking a 4 space rack bag, but wondering if a 6 space rack bag would fit in an overhead compartment ( with a 2-space rack drawer for the MFC-101 )...?

I'm jealous :(

I've went from recording to live and I'm having trouble :( (recording is awesome thou)

I'm gonna do a thread soon posting up some of my patches and see if I can get a second opinion

Wow Mark, neat to hear from ya....and Rocklahoma!!! yeez another wow!

I'm a classic rock Tone Seeker...for playing live. I've wondered how well a pro sound engineer would do making patches -- heck, with ALL the tools of the trade (advanced Page's too).
We all look forward to what you may share with us.

Mark R.

Back
Top Bottom