AFIII Holger's guitar journey

crataegus

Instead of starting different threads for every song, I try to collect my recordings here including notes concerning my Axe-FX III presets on the never ending road to the perfect sound ;-)

This Sunday Blues is an exercise track with additional improvisation (please ignore that wrong note o_O ). I decided for a warm bell-like tone with my favorite amp simulation ENGL Severe 1. For getting it more in the blues direction I took a Jr Blues 121 Rev cab. Perhaps not the most common combination but at least to my ears - it sounds amazing.

Instead of starting different threads for every song, I try to collect my recordings here including notes concerning my Axe-FX III presets on the never ending road to the perfect sound ;-)

This Sunday Blues is an exercise track with additional improvisation (please ignore that wrong note o_O ). I decided for a warm bell-like tone with my favorite amp simulation ENGL Severe 1. For getting it more in the blues direction I took a Jr Blues 121 Rev cab. Perhaps not the most common combination but at least to my ears - it sounds amazing.

great my friend, love the slow mood, i've just subscribed to your channel!

In the last weeks I tried hard to memorize the Blues minor and major scales and how to combine them. I still need too much time for thinking and have to practice much more until it becomes a natural feeling ... but I am getting closer and closer :)
The great sound of the Axe-FX III simplifies learning, it never gets boring.

Metal-Sunday!
I had a lot of fun with generating the shimmer-sound for the intro. The "trick" was a the Plex Delay block ... uuuh, you can really create dreamy sounds with it.
I also tweaked the my preset distortion sound again, based on the ENGL Savage simulation. A bit more mids makes it even more aggressive :)

In the last week I practiced a lot blues. The scales become more natural now and finding the right notes does not take so much concentration anymore. As a result there is "more brain-capacity" to think about the melodic line.
This is again a mixture of a practiced part (which repeats 3 times) and improvisation in between. In the impro-part suddenly a very familiar melody "appears" ... very Moore-esk. ;-)

That sounds great @cataegus
I dig the blues to I’ve been really digging what you have been posting. I was wondering if this is tab you bought that you have been using to practice with?

And if so if you don’t mind me asking what is it? I Didn’t know, and am interested in where you found the music to practice with. Also to practice those cool scales thanks.
love to see and hear your post.

[...] And if so if you don’t mind me asking what is it? I Didn’t know, and am interested in where you found the music to practice with. [...]
@Freds55 - Thanks for listening!
The practiced part in this song and the backing track is part of a course by Bernd Kiltz. Here is a link to the "Quick and Dirty Blues" description:
https://gitarrenlehreronline.de/sp-bluesgitarre/
The course is only available in German, but in the linked course-description you find a video-snippet with all the solo-parts he teaches in this course.

Awesome @crataegus Thank You for sharing this with me. Very cool I’m going to be messing around with this and I have been watching Bernd Kiltz on YouTube Great stuff.
Thank you So very much for sharing this with me
I will be playing along with the video and i can translate with the app on my phone as I don’t speak German but were there is a will there is a way. Love it Thank You So Very Much :)

Love your videos

Triads in Metal songs? I think it sounds great! ;-)
This time I used the Axe-FX III only for amp simulation, for the "Bright Plate Reverb" I reactivated my good old 90' Rocktron Intellifex. Sounds funny and I am sure that I just didn't find the right settings, but everything I tried sounded too clean and polished. Getting back the Intellifex in signal-chain, it was instantly dirty and rough like intended.
... anyway this is a praise to the Axe-FX III because routing such old devices into the signal chain works perfect ;-)

Triads in Metal songs? I think it sounds great! ;-)
This time I used the Axe-FX III only for amp simulation, for the "Bright Plate Reverb" I reactivated my good old 90' Rocktron Intellifex. Sounds funny and I am sure that I just didn't find the right settings, but everything I tried sounded too clean and polished. Getting back the Intellifex in signal-chain, it was instantly dirty and rough like intended.
... anyway this is a praise to the Axe-FX III because routing such old devices into the signal chain works perfect ;-)

@crataegus That is most awesome I love what you have done great arrangement. Love the sound you have here also and your picking is really great :)

This is the first level of the "boss fight" in the Metal-course I am working on for 12 months now. Final speed is 195 bpm !!! üüühäää :)

In this "slow" verison @155 bpm I tried to find the most ergonomic movements for the right hand and hope to get it in full speed this way. I think I will try at least 3 speed-levels.

Back
Top Bottom