Hole in between?

Hi there. I am new here.
I don't have the ax8 unit and don't know if i will but it.
Some people tells me that when they change amps, there is a "big hole" in between, a sort of
interrupted sound. Is that it?

When you change amps, the data for the new amp needs to be loaded, which takes some time. The AX8 fades out, loads the new amp and fades back in. Takes some milliseconds.

The momentary pause is so minuscule that it is not a problem. Is there a pause? Yes. Is it a problem for a performer? Not really. The AX8 is a GREAT piece of gear.

The momentary pause is so minuscule that it is not a problem. Is there a pause? Yes. Is it a problem for a performer? Not really. The AX8 is a GREAT piece of gear.
This. I use only presets live. I've never had anyone ever tell me that they noticed a gap when I switched presets while playing.

This. I use only presets live. I've never had anyone ever tell me that they noticed a gap when I switched presets while playing.

Whether or not you guys find it a problem, many people do. It's dependent on the specific use case, I think.

On my Axe Fx, I was using X/Y on the Amp block to change from clean to lead tones and it worked great EXCEPT for one song. Why? Because all of the other songs had a natural "break" in the flow that allowed for a transition to/from those settings. But that one song needed an almost immediate change, and it was impossible to make it work without a very audible gap that sounded like I missed the note.

In the end, since I have the Axe Fx, I could just use two amp blocks... And there are other ways to change settings that could be used. But if you need to change amp models seamlessly, this CAN be a problem.

There are so many workarounds with different parameter modifiers that can be controlled with control switches, scene controllers, etc.... I've actually had less of an issue switching to different scenes or presets with the AX8 than switching channels on a Mesa Roadster.

Listen and watch at 3:52... big hole of lost sound!

This is not remotely indicative of how the AX8 operates live or when not connected to AX8 Edit. AX8 Edit, to the best of my knowledge, was not intended to be used in a live or recording scenario to change effects or presets in real time.

Back
Top Bottom