Holdsworth patches v10

simeon

Axe-Master
Clean, swell and lead.. Patches on axechange. very quick demos and links below.

my favourite tones of his are the mesa lead tones and the ud stomp chorus/delays

Axe-Change - Download Preset - Holdsy Clean v10 - by simeon

Axe-Change - Download Preset - Holdsy Swell v10 - by simeon

Axe-Change - Download Preset - Holdsy Lead v10 - by simeon

when using the lead patch, turn down your guitar volume a touch and turn down your tone control until it just starts to attenuate the highs.

all three patches contain pitch shifters which are bypassed. unbypass them for more fx.

the lead patch has one side phase reversed, so won't work if summed to mono

all three patches use two multidelays to emulate the UD Stomp, using allan's own settings

all three patches contain volume blocks where you can attach your external volume pedal. this is necessary in the swell patch

i have been messing around with the recto vintage orange, which is the dual rec channel allan loved so much. still haven't quite nailed it yet, but definitely worth persevering with because it's fantastically spongy! :)

thanks guys. i don't think the lead tone is quite 100% yet. i did actually nail his tone from "secrets" a few firmwares back, so i know it can be done. i'll keep working on it!

Demos? Just see a link to axe-change, no demo or recording...
Love to hear a recording.

Thank you Simeon! You are so talented!! The swell patch seems dead nuts on mark and is amazing!!

It seems the lead tone is is so close but does seem a little chunky (which is the problem I'm having with getting this tone close). I don't mean EQ wise I mean that there is a lot of note separation instead of a nice smooth slurring. Is this how you would define the difference? I'm nowhere near as good at building sounds as you are. You truly are brilliant :)

Great tones Simeon !!
Thank You to share these , I'll have a great time tonight loosing myself into these !!

:eagerness:

Great, I was actually going to ask you to upload them for firmware 10.
You were way ahead of me hehe :)
Thanks buddy!

Just downloaded all three, and they're fantastic. The lead patch scared the crap out of me because when I auditioned it using AE both the pitch blocks were active! *LOL* Thanks, Simeon!

btw, the bottom pitch shifter in the lead patch engages a side chain with ambient fixed harmonies as heard on chad wackerman's two solo albums 40 Reasons and The View. probably added at mixdown. allan has used some fixed harmony shifting lately in his live shows. the first shifter in line has the old Metal Fatigue vibe

if you look at the thread in your browser, you should see the links. no idea why tapatalk is hiding them

thanks mate, yes it's not bad. i need to work on it a little more..reduce some gain, reduce some bass and lift the eq a bit in the upper mids. it's not quite "speaking" like it should, but it's only my first try with v10... :)

thanks mate, yes it's not bad. i need to work on it a little more..reduce some gain, reduce some bass and lift the eq a bit in the upper mids. it's not quite "speaking" like it should, but it's only my first try with v10... :)

I had a hard time getting my patch to "sing" and sustain without resorting to more gain than Holdsworth sounds like he uses. Compression helped a bit but too much killed dynamics obviously. He's got a tricky tone to nail down well.

And I agree with what you said in the other thread: I think a lot of it is in his left hand technique. Comes back to that "I sound like me no matter what the gear" realization.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom